THE VOICE

So, NBC's "The Voice" pretty much had me at Adam Levine. And then hooked me with Javier Colon's sweet croons.

Words can not describe their duet of "Man in the Mirror".

Actually, there is one word...

GIGGITY!

So, my guiltiest pleasure has been "The Voice", and I was really impressed with it at first. FINALLY, someone recognized talent over looks...but then, the inevitable happened. It turned into American Idol 2.0, a glorified beauty pageant.

Obviously, all of "The Voice" contestants are overflowing with talent, but I wish there was no choreography, no crazy costumes, no flashing lights.

Just THE VOICE. Just THE MUSIC. Just THE TALENT.

If I was to be in charge of Season 2, I would NEVER let America see a single contestant. No background sob stories, no emotional attachment. JUST RAW TALENT.

NOW, that would be a show worth watching. Everyone would be itching to see the person, but they could solely focus on "THE VOICE".

Move over musical Brad Pitts, and say hello to the Amy Winehouses.

Imagine a world where ONLY good music prevailed and cookie-cutter POOP music disappeared into the mysterious land that is VH1 Classic.

When I am old and gray, I want to look back and tell my grandchildren about the glory days, not about a generation who's shining glory was the day after Thursday..and before Saturday.

Anyway, I'm going to quit ranting and go listen to my girl Etta James. I suggest you do the same. NOW THAT'S where the good music truly lived. Don't even get me started on those days..I'll save that for another day:)

PEACE, LOVE, AND ADAM LEVINE,
Jordan
June 29th, 2011 at 05:05am