A Very Potter Musical/Sequel

Oh my wizard god, I'm so obsessed. AVPM is so totally awesome, it's become my favorite musical. Just so funny and everything. I've been listening to the album off of the Starkid site, and I just can't get enough of it! I think my favorite song is "Different as Can Be," which is just so fun to quote. "Not Alone" is a close favorite. I've started to rewatch both musicals for the third time.

Voldemort: "I like to fold all of my ties." Quirrel: "And you have no friends, hey that's a surprise!"

Of course, whenever I speak of A Very Potter Musical, I also am referring to the sequel. Both are hilarious and so orginal. Man, I could never write a musical. The other great part is that AVPM/S is so quotable! I could quote both musicals for hours.

Draco is so funny, and Voldemort is actually loveable! Quirrel is a pretty good singer, and Sanpe is cool. All my least favorite characters in the books are awesome in the musical! The Voldemort/Quirrel bromance is just the best.

The actors - that is why AVPM/S is such a win. Joe Moses, Joe Walker, Brain H., Darren Criss, Joey Richter, Lauren Lopez, etc. just breathe life into all of the characters, plus it doesn't hurt to be supermegafoxyawesomehot!

In my opinion, Umbridge is the most terrifying villian I've ever met. Voldemort isn't even that bad! He's just misunderstood and has never had a friend. Umbridge, however, is plain evil. Funny how they're both played by Joe Walker, though, eh? I tip my hat to him; he should win a reward for his performances. I mean, speaking in a weird voice for the whole of a musical while wearing a dress and flaunting shaved legs and a manicure is what some would call dedication.

I wish AVPM/S was better known. It is so fantastic.
July 6th, 2011 at 08:08am