Boys, Boys, Boys.

As you know, I just started this account yesterday, and Most people really don't know a lot about me. My profile doesn't say much, but it does tell you what most people need to know. You know, the obvious stuff. But one particular topic is the sport Hockey.
I do play hockey. So much, its all I talk, think, and do mostly. Ice Hockey is probably one of the coolest sports out there. I play for a team, hopefully two different ones this next coming season. My team's name is the Indiana Ice Minks. An all girls team. And when playing this sport, you meet new people. But, when played with a different gender, you make even more friends. Boys.
They are the most difficult, walking organisms on the planet. And I'm sure, most women think that way, as well.
I practice with a different team on Thursdays. This Thursday, tomorrow, being the last practice of my Summer. All of the people I practice with, contains all boys. From the ages of ten and up. I have made one true guy-friend. His name is Luke. He is probably eleven or so. But he's the cutest darn thing ever. Except from another friend of mine's little brother. I wish all of you could see the cutest little two year old ever. But I'm not here to talk about cute little boys. I'm here to explain my obscured problem with a boy of my age, that happens to practice with me as well.
He plays for a different team, with my younger brother. He's got dark hair that goes to his eyes, and beautiful light brown eyes. His skin is tanned and he has the most cutest voice in the world... well... of the age as us. He's got this odd attitude when it comes to me. One minute, he's snapping at me, or he has this horrible sarcastic attitude. The next, he's sweet and nice.
A story for bad attitude? We had a passing drill, and each person had to stand in a square and the person that had the puck had to pass it to a person in front of them. Well I made the mistake and kept the puck for an extra second to fix the pass. HE was behind me, in line, and make a comment, " You know, it doesn't take that long to pass." I turned at him and said that I knew what I was doing.
A story for good attitude? I'm the clumsiest person ever, so you could imagine me on two 3/8ths cut blades. Yeah. But I fell this one time and he skated near me and asked if I was okay, and helped me up. How nice of him, right? Then last Sunday we had a practice, extra time. But after practice we all wait in the lobby with our gear bags, sticks, and water. We talk for a couple minutes, and leave. I always have to wait for my brother, seeing as he's the quickest to change into his gear to play, but the slowest to change out of his. Me the other way, slowest to put it on, fastest to take it off... as kinky as it sounds. But, anyway, I would talk to this boys dad, since he has been helping me with my skates (sharpening and sizing). Once HE comes outs to relax for a few, we would catch each other's eyes for a couple time, and just ignore each other.
While waiting for my bother, HE had to leave. He has the biggest gear bag ever. So, unfortunately for him, he couldn't get pass the tables and chairs. Naturally, he started walking backwards to get out of the lobby mess. When he passed me, going backwards, I started making these beeping noises, as if he was a truck in reverse. He started laughing at my stupidity, and shook his head. He then left.
In some odd way, that made my day. It was a good practice, and no one got into an argument. I'm seriously going nuts, on how I feel around this one boy. It's really odd. A couple of my friends know about this "crush" of mine. But, sadly, tomorrow is the last time I would see him. Until August.
July 14th, 2011 at 12:50am