Girl brings boy to meet family which turns out to be a complete disaster - I'm f*cking discouraged Mibba

Yeah.
This is definately NO overreaction, kay?

Long story short, I started hanging out with this guy which I've known for a while, considering he's my friend's ex-boyfriend. We were just going to hangout as friends, nothing more, 'cause we have loads in common and whatnot, yet he admitted he had feelings for me but I turned him down because he is my friend's ex after all. And from there we're still on perfect terms.

Anyways, we were supposed to hangout Saturday, yet he was in a bad mood and didn't want that to ruin our chillen time so he said "no buts no nothing, we're hanging out tomorrow". So I was like, "cool" but then I learnt we were having a bash for peoples birthdays in my family but I wanted to chill with him so I invited him to come, so he did. We were going to leave straight after super.

Big mistake

Well I warned him that there was going to be some things said, because my family all thought he was my boyfriend, yet he is not. This all went on at my grand-parents house, my parents were there, my uncle and my sister's boyfriend too.

It was embarrassing, to the core. My dad, who hasn't had a drink in three and some months got completely pissed 'cause it was his birthday and all, and he just babbled on making me want to dig myself into a very deep hole. He then proceeded by waddling over to my friend and grabbing his lighter and going to steal one of his cigarettes. I got so mad I told him to sit down and I ran to get him a damn cigarette.

Then both my parents were drunk and then my mom was all like "oh Matt could drive us home", I was so infuriated. Who the hell would want to drive someone's drunk parents home? And they didn't even ask, they basically ordered, but in a nicer manner. Now, of course Matt couldn't say no, yet he didn't say anything.

He finally did drive us all back home, and the scent of beer lingered in his SUV. My dad rambled about dumb sh*t in the back and I just closed my eyes really embarrassed. They ruined my night, we should have left when we had the chance.

And the icing on the cake, when they were all inside and Matt and I were simply sitting in his SUV, we heard this bang on the side of his SUV. We were like "WTF" when we realized my mom had let the dogs out, and due to the fact they didn't recodnize his vehicle, one of my dog's jumped and scratched his car. The downside of it all, he just got his SUV back from the autobody shop.

I cried when I got to my room, and I do not cry, ever. I was so embarrassed. Matt said it was fine, that the scratch was almost nothing, but I could see it in his eyes that he wasn't too happy. And I do not blame him.

We haven't chilled since then, and for once, he hasn't texted me at all except for that night and Monday after I sent him a message which wasn't meant for him at all.

He usually texts me every day asking me how I am and we just talk like that. He hasn't done that once. I texted him at like ten these past two days, and he hasn't been very happy because of work and stuff, which I guess could be the reasion. But we were supposed to chill today yet yesterday he totally avoided the subject.

I feel like everything's ruined. Which is why I'm not talking to my parents at the moment.
Im pissed.
I glance at my phone every minute to see if I have a text in my inbox.
None.
Sh*t.

Pointless journal, maybe, but I just need to vent.
He's not my boyfriend, but I care about him a lot, and I'm really afraid.
Maybe I'm exaggerating, possibly so.
But I feel so bad.
July 15th, 2011 at 05:45am