Doctors who think your stupid, but then when a problem occurs, they say their "Confused" and WHO'S the stupid one?

So I go into my appointment today, And about 10 minutes in he says "So you've been taking fast reacting insulin AND slow reacting insulin every morning, Is that correct?" My mind went completely blank!

NO! That is NOT correct, What was this fool talking about? So I asked.

"No, I've only been taking slow reacting insulin before bed" I told him
"And breakfast too" He said
"No, Just at night!" I said,
"Why not in the morning?" He asked
"Because, you never told me to take it in the morning"

He got to mad... and started going through his papers, Telling me how I was wrong, and how I wasn't doing what he asked.

"I'm so confused now, You will have to meet with a nurse so she can help you because I don't know what to do!"

Honestly Doc, Where'd you go to school? YOUR A DOCTOR FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

a NURSE is supposed to help me figure out the insulin thing, and when I go to make an appointment, His nurse is not even available! Ugh, I hate doctors!

The worst part is, He handed me the paper and had me re-read his instructions on how to take my insulin (He didn't change ANYTHING! He told me to do exactly what I've been doing!!!) I felt so insulted... I wanted to rip up the stupid paper and tell him to go f*ck himself.

Honestly, I'm not an idiot. He thinks I'm stupid... When he can't even fix a simple problem. I'm not even a doctor and I know that if the way I was doing it was helping, Then keep it that way! Why do I even bother going to these appointments?

He told me he gets back from vacation on the 1st, Then I go to make the appointment and his Secretary tells me he isn't coming back till the 4th, Which made me feel even stupider and even more pissed off.

I swear, My doctors an idiot!
July 19th, 2011 at 05:07am