SHOW ME WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR! DELETED SCENES!

So, while I was writing the last chapter of Show Me What I'm Looking For, a random idea for a chapter popped into my head. it takes place after chapter forty one. I wanted to keep the forty two chapter limit I'd planned out so now here is the deleted scenes, basically is just like an extra chapter. HERE YOU GO!

-------

Annie and I walked the halls and I seemed to get the strange feeling that something was different; they appeared to be too quiet and peaceful for a high school. This was making me feel very nervous. “Do you feel it?”

“The feeling that its too quiet, yes. Darcy hasn’t been at school for two days. No one knows why.” Annie said looking at me. I don’t know if I should tell her, so I didn’t.

”Wow, maybe she finally got what was coming to her.” Saying that made me smile, but I would never forget the fact that she called my little girl a bastard child.

There was a pause on Annie’s side and I looked over to her curiously. She just looked straight ahead so I followed with my eyes to see what she was gazing at. I smiled at the boy she was admiring.

“Chase? I didn’t know you like him.” Annie’s eyes widened as she immediately covered my mouth. Her eyes widened as Chase began to look over at the two of us. He winked lightly at my best friend. “Well now, this is just cute, how’d you get to know him?”

“Please don’t tell him Carolina. I know you have a class or two with him. As cliché as this sounds, we met through our parents. His mom joined my moms book club and there were play dates arranged because we both have little siblings.” It was just too cute not to make fun of.

Smiling, I congratulated her. Chase was a really nice guy and I approved of him. “That is a little cliché, but who cares? No one should .” Annie just grinned at me as we went on our way to class.

It was silent between the two of us for a few seconds. Both Vanessa and April suddenly came into view. There eyes lit up when they saw me standing there. It were as if they had spent hours trying to look for me and I’d finally been found. Annie was silent beside me. “Carolina, wait up!”

People in the halls looked shocked to see them talking to me. Everyone in school knew about the fight with Darcy because of some by standards and Vanessa’s big mouth.

“What is it now April? There's nothing more to be said between the three of us. I’m not sorry that I got into a fight with Darcy, I’m not sorry what happened to her with Craig. She deserved everything that came to her and you know it too.” The halls were all quiet as I was talking, nosy people.

April just stood there not knowing what to say, she was at loss of words and I knew it. I didn’t blame her though. She wanted to agree, but she was also Darcy’s best friend and didn’t want her opinion to get spread throughout the whole school.

“You shouldn’t be sorry for anything, it was all my fault.” Gasps filled the hallway as Darcy made her way straight towards us. spots on her face were a dark shade of purple and blue, whereas under her eyes were bright red from crying. She looked like a stranger to me; a new stepping stone for Darcy.

“It was wrong of me to call Amelia a bastard child. It was also wrong of me to be treat you so horrible. Also, it was extremely wrong of me to say that one comment two days ago.” I knew the exact one she was talking about. Whispers were now presently filling the air. “Do you think you could forgive me?”

This was a very hard question for me to answer. Did I really want to forgive Darcy? Could I honestly forgive her? Too much has happened between the two of us; I don’t think so.

Everyone’s eyes were on me, waiting impatiently for my one single worded answer. The simple answer being yes or no. “I don’t think that I honestly can.”

“I understand completely.” She said, her voice shook a little bit. Maybe she thinking of out past memories just as I was.

“Too much has happened between us Darcy, you know that. I’m not going to lie to you and say all is forgiven. We can be mutual acquaintances though. I don’t want any more fighting between us, its just stupid.” I stuck my hand out as she smiled and grasped it. This was the closure Darcy and I needed.

Both of us were grinning largely and Darcy pulled me into one last hug. The crowd was let out a ray of ‘awes’ and was on its way. I couldn’t be anymore happier for us.

[&&&]

“Come on Carolina, we’re going to be late for the those reservations if you don’t hurry up.” Kevin yelled from downstairs. Putting on my last earring, I looked at my reflection in the mirror and smiled. My hands were shaking slightly at the nervousness eating inside of me.

As soon as Kevin saw me, a gasp filled the room. Alice had gotten me this dress. Of course, being the person I was I tried rejecting it, but she said she never got to spoil her grand kids so she was going to start now. “Wow, Carolina, you look absolutely stunning. Now we really really have to go. My parents are probably already there and waiting.”

Thinking about this made me even more nervous. Paul and Denise were basically my family, so should I really be nervous? This would be the first time I’ve seen or talked to them in almost a year. It seems impossible, but shockingly it’s the truth. The most nerve wracking part was that they’re grandparents and they don’t even know it.

“Don’t worry about my parents Carolina. You’ve known them for years. Also, don’t worry about Amelia, shes in the safe hands of your best friend. We don’t want my parents know about her earlier than they should. We’re still going to have a dinner at my place to tell them, right?” nodding my head, I agreed to what Kevin had said.

“Its going to be very hard not to worry about her; shes my whole world. How about you stop worrying about me though? Its your birthday dinner tonight and you’re finally twenty-two.” Kevin groaned, which in return made me rather curious. Why wouldn’t he want to be older?

Both of us sighed lightly as we made our way into the classy restaurant. This was hopefully going to be a good night, hopefully being the key word. “Carolina!”

Denise’s voice always seemed to bring a smile to my face. She was my second mother; she was the woman I could talk freely to without getting rudely interrupted. She was the woman that I loved just as much as my own mother, if not more.

“Denise, its been too long. I’ve missed you.” there was a smile on all four of our faces. I hugged Denise first and then hugged Paul, my second family. Just then, a waiter came to take our orders.

“Hello everyone, my name is Chase and I’ll be taking your orders for the night. Carolina?” my eyes widened when I looked at my tall blonde friend.

He noticed me sitting there, damn. Looking up at him, I smiled slightly. “What a small world we live in. How are you and the beautiful baby Amelia doing?”

My eyes widened to the size of dollar coins. I’d bet if I had a drink right now it would have spat out of my mouth. Kevin’s eyes were wide as well, while Denise and Paul were just looking at Chase curiously. Suddenly, there eyes were on me. “Who is this baby Amelia?”

“Shes just a little girl that I babysit five times a week. Her mother works the night shift and doesn’t get off work until five thirty in the morning. I’m already up by that time so its no hassle for me. Plus, I'm taking a child development class so it would really help me in those skills.” Denise sent a smile in my direction.

“That’s wonderful how you are helping out a woman in need. You are just as generous as I remember you to be. How long has it been, a year?” my eyes switched from glares at Chase to a smile at Denise.

Chase soon took our drink orders and I excused myself from the table to go to the bathroom. Texting Chase, I asked him if he could meet me near the bathrooms. I’d waited while impatiently tapping my foot for him to arrive. “Well don’t you just look lovely tonight.”

“What the hell Chase!” my voice was filled with frustration, but it wasn’t loud, more like a whisper-yell. “That is my boyfriend’s parents and they don’t even know about Amelia yet. Nick is coming home soon and I’m going to tell all of them together at once. You could have just ruined everything. Good thing I came up with a quick easy lie.”

“Carolina, you need to just calm down and take a deep breath. Its not like I knew who any of those people were. They would have been aunts and uncles. I’ve got to get back to work. I’ll see you in five minutes when I take your orders.” Chase sighed heavily.

Sighing, both Chase and I left to go our separate ways. Everything seemed normal at the dinner table. Kevin was talking to his parents while Denise and Paul were laughing lightly. They looked at me for a few seconds then Kevin began talking again. As soon as I sat down, a hand squeezed mine.

Kevin’s eyes were telling me to relax, but with the accident that had almost occurred it seemed just close to impossible. “So Carolina, how is school? How are your parents?”

“Well school gets pretty tough sometimes, but with Kevin being a guidance counselor, it makes it a little easier to bear. My parents are just on a little vacation. They hadn't used up any of their vacation days so they decided to go to Cancun. I have school though, so I’m just staying with my friend Annie and her family.” They both smiled at me and I smiled back.

“How are you and Nicholas?” Paul gazed at me with a small somber smile on his lips. It were as if he knew what has been going on between his son and me.

There was a hesitant second that had passed and I suddenly couldn’t be more relieved when Chase came; he asked us if we were ready to order. We all gave him our food choice for the night and then it was just the four of us again.

Paul looked at me, telling me with his eyes to go on with my answer. What was I going to say to him? Kevin squeezed my hand under the table and told me silently that it was okay.

“Nick and I are good for the moment. Our relationship has had many difficulties in the last year. Distance seems to be the only thing that’s really tearing us inside. Sometimes I don’t even know if I'm even strong enough to handle it. Plus, there a million girls pining for him all over the world; talk about some heavy competition.” Tears tried to fall but my fingers prevented them.

Denise instantly took my hand and told me that it was okay. "Nick told us that you two broke up for a little while. Selena was trying to ruin everything between you two." the only thing I could do was nod my head.

Silence filled the table for a while. It actually made me surprised when Chase came to give us our food. It seemed like just a second ago he had asked us what we had wanted. The feeling of hunger had long left my body now. Chase's eyes bored into mine. He wanted to know if I was okay. Nodding my head at him, he looked at me with somber eyes. He didn't say anything about the subject.

"Shrill shrieks fill the air like wind. Cry little mother bird, let it out. The pain fills your chest tightly." I whispered silently and only to myself. Craig seemed to know what I was feeling, as if he could read into my soul.

For the rest of the dinner, a fake smile and laughs had been plastered through me. I'd been getting better at putting on a show for people. I had a feeling that Kevin could see through it though.

It has been a while since I'd deeply thought about Nick and I, now it had just been sprung up on me. The distance between the two of us had been eating me alive. Sometimes I'd even wonder if it was even worth it, then my mind would flashback to the happier times and it'd help me through it.

"So are you going to tell me how you're really feeling?" Kevin asked as both of us were in the car and finally alone. "Don't give me that 'it was nothing' crap either"

"Fine, I won't do that. Talking about Nick earlier made me miss him and I kind of got depressed a little bit, sue me." the tone wasn't meant to be bitter, that's just how it came out.

Kevin just sighed and began to drive. We were both lost in our own thoughts. One thought of mine kept repeating though. When was Nick coming back home? I need him.

--------

So, how'd you like that? I thought it was pretty awesome of a chapter. You got some more insight on the Darcy/Carolina friendship and you also have Nick's lovely parents coming into the whole thing. it was a nice save for Carolina, that lie, don't you think? I really hoped you liked the deleted scene! Sincerely, Treasured Scars.
July 20th, 2011 at 10:10pm