Procrastinator.

Ah, the crisp noise when you crack open a book. The smell of old, musky paper that's tinted yellow and brown. The slight air brushing your cheeks, when a page has flipped. The dull thud noise when you close the book. Too bad the books I have to read sucks.
Yes, I think I have mentioned some where along my string of journal entries, that I have Summer homework for Honors English classes. It's not like I hate doing the work, its fine. It's just that, couldn't they have picked out better books to read? I'm stuck with reading My Antonia, Death of a Salesman, and Silas Marner. I've finished My Antonia and handed in the eight pages of evil on the 29th of June. I read Death of a Salesman and I am now working on the report. I haven't touched Silas Marner yet, and I'm dreading it.
My Antonia was awful. Not that I'm dissing the author, no I'm not. I just didn't like that book. I couldn't focus reading it. Yes, it may have been my lack of attention span, I have. I'm a goldfish. I do have the attention of a goldfish. And if you ever had a pet goldfish, you know what I mean. Death of a Salesman, was pretty good. I slightly enjoyed it more than the previous book.
The eight pages is based on eight questions. Simple. I know. But like I've mentioned before in previous journal entries. The questions are stupid. S-T-U-P-I-D. If I can't enjoy the book, they aren't getting their full eight pages, sorry high school. I'm not that dedicated if the book sucks.
And what I hate about my personality, is that I procrastinate a lot. I wait until the last week to write up the pages. Usually I just use Sparknotes. Like I've said before. I read the book, skim pages to catch things important, then I just blow it off until the last week. I cram myself into dedicated time and answer two questions a day. Maybe 3 of eight pages, are only half pages, because, some of the questions aren't worth a page long. How does one write a FULL page response to a stupid question? That's what I want to know. All I know is that I "B.S." my way through the questions. And all I can say to them, is that "Sorry, you can't pick out half decent books. I may actually do better." But I'm too nice.
Now here we are. At the end of my entry, and all I have to say is: I'm a procrastinator.
July 25th, 2011 at 11:59pm