Story Telephone (Group Story Idea) | Comment Swap | Mibba's Miniature Stories

So I've done a few group story things, mainly two writing relays and a couple open group stories.
I was just thinking that a kind of telephone with stories might be an interesting experiment.

It would work by one person posting a chapter, and the next person only reads that chapter. They then decide where to take the plot. It could end up with a really haphazard story, or it could end up in a very interesting place.

I don't think there would need to be many rules, aside from including the main character in every chapter, and only reading the previous chapter before you post...

Anyways, what do you guys think?
--
As well, I think I may finally start writing again and am looking for feedback, both on this idea and my story.

If anyone wants to do a (good) comment swap, please check out Hourglass.
1. Please leave a good comment, and I'll comment back within an hour.
2. I like to read original fiction or fanfiction about real people. Subject matter is open, though I prefer something that isn't NC-17.
3. Leave your story link here if you want a comment back.
--
Lastly, the mag staff recently noticed hitRECords Tiny Book of Tiny Stories. The stories are short (think "For Sale: baby shoes, never used.") and are accompanied by an illustration.

As Mibba has such a large group of talented writers, we've decided to start working on Mibba's Miniature Stories.
What that means is that we're inviting you to submit your six word stories and other, similar stories to our tumblr, and if you're into drawing, to submit your illustrations, both on their own or as an image connected to a story.

The way this project works, everyone who submits a story is leaving it open for everyone else to take their words and put it to an image. You must give credit if you do so, and the same applies in reverse, if you take an image and put it to a story.

If you're interested, please check out the tumblr.

If you have any questions, please ask them here, and you can send your submission to our tumblr or the thread in the tips section.
July 27th, 2011 at 02:07am