Spread Like Kerosene

Hey, guys. I've never exactly made a journal before, but, people around the forums will know who I am because I've been around for a while. I'm not exactly sure why I haven't ventured into this part of Mibba yet, so, tell me how I do?

Gasoline & ideas spread like mad & I feel that pouring some gas on stories is always worthwhile. Now, if you've been on the forums, you may have heard of Comment Monsters- a thread where you keep track of the stories you leave comments of over a hundred words on. I recently got involved & I feel like it was a great, great idea. People who receive the long comments seem to really appreciate it, too. I urge anyone who reads this to get involved.

I think that maybe a good way to get this to spread would maybe be by doing swaps or getting a group of people to read & critique each other's work. Not to signal anyone out, but, original fiction lacks in both readers & comments. For other original fiction writers out there, I know you must share the disappointment I do when you upload a chapter & don't get a single comment after a few hours of letting your heart seep through you're fingertips. It's a terrible feeling. (Note: any type of story is welcome.)

So, I must ask, who's with me on this? Are there any users looking for a juicy comment but are also willing to do the same for others? A "nice job", "update soon", or "I love it" are nothing to be expected & if you want to do this, be prepared to write more than that. If a comment like that is enough for you, that's great, but for some, it isn't. Never getting a notification for a story comment is worse, though.

Please comment if you want to set something up or have any thoughts/questions, I'd really appreciate it.
July 30th, 2011 at 04:07am