Writing Contest: Headstrong / On the Wings of an Angel

Okay, so the lovely academic-sorority. and I are hosing a contest, and this journal is basically whoring it out.

I understand that the contest is based on our original story Headstrong. No, you do not have to be a reader or a subscriber or even a fan of the story to participate, in fact, I encourage everyone to take part even if you haven't the slightest clue as to it is about. Honestly, this is more to see what people would do with the characters than to create a fuss about the story.

Also, we are encouraging everyone to make the story your own. Don't feel as though you're held within the constraints of the story, or the character description at all. They were just written in order to help everyone get a decent picture of how we view all of the characters. Feel free to change anything and everything, it doesn't matter what. Personally, I feel as though a femme-slash between Kage and Oli is in order.... but that's just me.

This entire venture is in hopes of having everyone else do what they think should be done in the story or just with these characters in general.

Also, a couple of these characters have not been officially introduced into the plot line. While we have an entire back story to these people, they are blank slates to everyone else. Melissa and I are the only ones who know absolutely everything about these people, and if someone were to write something that we absolutely loved, there is a chance that small things could worm their way into the storyline, with your permission of course.

Please take it into consideration, and if anyone feels as though they're up for a contest, you can find the link in this journal at the end. :)

So for anyone that is interested from here, here are the rules:

1. All Mibba rules apply. So that's grammar, spelling, etc.
2. There is no word minimum, but if you could keep it under five chapters then that'd be awesome.
3. There is no limit on participants, so several people can take the same character.
4. Word count in the authors note or summary.
5. Due to the nature of the contest, obviously no pre-writes You can have as many entries as you like though.
6. Anything goes, really. Slash, femmeslash, het. The more imaginative and different the better!
7. Let me know if you want to drop out or change your user name

(all references to a 'me' refer to Melissa, who I will also be providing a link for, somewhere... when I'm done writing this... yeah [= )

Also, there is a link to a picture for each of the characters in the description of the contest. However, if you change anything with it, please post the new character picture in your characters section of the story. Thank you so so much. :D

Thank you so much to everyone! And thanks for making it to the bottom of this if you have! :D!!

Contest

Melissa
August 2nd, 2011 at 04:55am