I'm moving out.

About a little more than a year ago my mom got a new boyfriend. He was really cool and nice and funny, and all in all I was very happy for her. Then, a few months ago, hey moved in together. Now, that wouldn't be so bad if it were just him, but he also has two kids. And so does she. His oldest son is just a year younger than I am, and his youngest is ten. Neither me, my mom or my brother (who's 19) is used to having a little kid around. And it's taken a lot of getting used to.

See, Evan (the ten year old) throws temper tantrums basically every single night because he doesn't want to go to sleep, or he's afraid and wants his dad to lay with him. And when Dave (my mom's boyfriend) won't lay with him when he wants him to, he starts flipping shit. My bedroom is right beside his, and I can hear everything that's being said... or rather, screamed. Not only does he throw tantrums, he's super jealous of my mom and won't let them ever be alone together. If he notices that they are, he comes over and starts bugging his dad, saying "Dad, I'm bored, come play with me," and if he won't, he throws another tantrum. It really gets to someone after awhile. Especially when you're used to having no kid whatsoever.

His other son, the oldest, isn't so bad. Except that every single night until about 3 in the morning he's in the living room using the t.v. Now, that only bugs me because I don't have a t.v. in my room and he does. He could use his t.v. and that way I would have one, but instead he uses the only one I can use. Until 3 in the morning. Every night. And he starts early, so I never get a chance to steal it before he does. My mom has asked Dave to talk to him, but it doesn't seem like he has... And another thing, I dislike him eating my food. It seems like whenever they do groceries, and I specifically ask for something, I go to eat it two days later and it's gone because one of his kids (usually the oldest) has eaten it. It's like they know that's the one thing I asked for, so they eat only that one thing instead of all the other food we have that I don't want.

So, all these little kids have really gotten to me in the last few months and now I'm thinking of moving out. See, I'm sixteen, and in Canada that's the age where you're legally aloud to move out without parental consent. My boyfriend of over a year is 19, and he's getting his own place soon and has said that I could stay with him as long as I payed my share of the rent. Or as much as I could pay. He said he wouldn't mind paying a little bit more than me, because I have to go to school and he doesn't. He graduated last year and doesn't have enough money for college yet, so he's working full time. It's perfect, really. I could work about three shifts a week and he would be ok with paying the rest.

The only thing is, I have to tell my mom. And I don't want her to be mad. I want it to be a peaceful thing. Even though I don't need her permission, I'd still like to have it. I'm not moving out because I'm being childish and don't like his kids. I'm moving out because they're stressing me out and lately I've been in a bad mood all the time because of it and I want to not be stressed or in a bad mood. I've tried talking to my mom about it, and she talked to Dave... but nothing ever changes. It's been the same for months, and in the school year it's even more stressful because Evan's throwing tantrums every night and I can't think to do homework or go to sleep.

Anyways, I just had to get this off my chest. I'm not telling her right now, because it's not happening right away. Probably only in a month or so, so why bother telling her now. It might not even happen. It's just something I'm thinking about because I don't want her to break up Dave, he makes her happy.
August 8th, 2011 at 07:07pm