Hang in There, Mibbians (Let's Talk About Good Times) The First Signs that You were Going to be a Writer.

I've been seeing a lot of pain in the journals lately, so I was hoping I could possibly brighten them a little by getting our minds off of the bad things. We'll see how this goes.

What was the first sign that you were going to be a writer?
I can look back in my childhood and see so many, so many that my parents and my siblings saw. It's funny, they used to tell me I'd be a writer one day; and every time I refused to believe it =P
I've just been wondering what kind of signs you guys might have had? Did anyone around you tell you that they thought you were going to be a writer before you knew it? Or does it seem like you've been writing since you came out of the womb?

I think some of the first signs for me was when I was around 5-6, some age like that. I didn't know how to read or spell (Yes, I was a slow learner; only learned at 11, really) but yet I had a constant urge to have 'files' as I called them. So, I would start to write a bunch of squigglies on paper (Similar to how real writing looks from far away) and make up what they said, then I would call them my 'files' and 'arrange' them in their own little folder. Almost every day I would 'arrange' my 'files' and just get pure joy out of it, my older sister saw me doing it, and regardless of the fact she could spell and read; she joined in for the fun of it as-well. We even could re-read our 'files' at a later date and understand all the squigglies, haha. We had a lot of our own languages going on back then.

Another sign was the fact that, before I can even remember, I would tell my older sister (We're 3 years apart) stories all of the time. We called them Belly Works. They were short little horror type stories just to disgust her, haha! Stories about surgeries going wrong, or people having growths, even stories about people accidentally 'popping' other people with needles (For some reason, when I was little, I thought fat people were full of air, and so they could be popped with needles xD) I don't remember half of them, but I don't doubt their level of disgust one bit; I was quite the creative little child, especially due to being able to watch any movie I wanted.

And the last sign before I actually did become a writer was that when I was first getting the hang of reading and spelling, I would write down stories on stapled-together sheets of paper. Mainly adventure stories at the time, but some were of murder and loss. Also, I would write songs, one I remember was about cooking, but the rest were mainly love songs before I knew what love was xD I'd give anything to read those again, but sadly, when I hit 13; I was ashamed of anything from my childhood and erased them all V.V

Anyway, what were some of the early signs that you were to be a writer? And who noticed it first?

I hope you all feel better soon,
I love you, Mibba!
August 19th, 2011 at 08:23pm