Dreams = Story Ideas | Internetz | Other Ideas

So, I had my wisdom teeth out last week and because I can't take Advil, and I can't take tylenol 3's, they sent me straight to the narcotics. Narcotics gave me some whacked out dreams, mostly because I keep waking up at 2-3am and then falling half asleep for hours.

The first dream, there was an evil girl child who was killing everyone around her, and she's possessed. My point of view was not the main character... but like.. Wow, I've been dreaming in third person. O.o

The second was stranger (and sexier... in a more sex and mature themes way... not like wet dreams); I was at a hotel with my mother and there were these crazy waterslides in the wicked sick pool. Conceptually, we were in Vancouver, though it looked NOTHING like Vancouver. It was odd. On the way up the waterslide (yes, up the water slide... it was like a log ride minus the logs. Weird) I was alongside two other girls, and we started talking, and then it turned into a bus (this would be like an acid trip if it were actually in a story). The girls were super nice and somehow I ended up in the car garage of their building, whereupon we went to the house of some male friends, and then the adult themes started (no there was not an orgy). It was like a crazy love triangle that I don't even understand, and my 'character' (for lack of a better word) was in love with one guy who kept choosing the other girl, and then my character ended up with the other guy. And then my alarm went off.
I think both would make a decent story, especially because the latter was quite similar to a dream from a couple days before.

On a side note, vivid dreams are apparently a sign of ADD? I can't find any information about it on the internet, so the claims of friends maaaay be dismissed.

--

Does anyone else remember the post the Mag tumblr put up about things you wish you'd known when you started writing? I want to show it to someone.

Also, I love regretsy.

--

So, my creative business ideas keep cropping up WAY too early, and it's bothersome.

I had the idea that it would be cool to have a database of sketchy/good bosses, for PA's. Sort of like ratemds.com, but for people who get personal assistants.
My other idea, and I could do this myself, is to make a service making "Hire Me (company)" websites for people, similar to [url]HireMeAccenture.com[/url]
August 23rd, 2011 at 06:33am