I'm Putting Holes In Happiness

Actually, you unknowingly just caught me in a lie. Today has sucked.

Since I was born, at my house there were two dogs named Cougar & Riker, four dogs at my "adoptive" aunt's house named Riley, Moe, Cody, Wiggles (Brandy) & two cats at my real aunt's house named Jackson & Ebony.

All of them are dead.

All
of
them
are
dead.

As of this afternoon, when Ebony passed away, every childhood pet I had is dead.

Cougar.
Riker.
Riley.
Moe.
Cody.
Jackson.
Wiggles.
& now, Ebony.

I knew I couldn't cry when my aunt called to tell me that our beloved black & white manx cat crawled under her bed & died this afternoon. That is like a rule: never cry when someone else calls you crying, it makes it worse. Ebony lived to be almost seventeen, which is a great lifespan, but my aunt's moving in December & wished Ebony could've lived to see her new place in Florida. I wish she could've, too. It won't be the same when I go down & visit.

Now, before it's asked why I care so much about a pet that belongs to my aunt, keep in mind that my aunt & I are close & I've been going up to New Hampshire to live with her in the summer since I was three. I spent a lot of time with Ebony this summer. My aunt & I got her this orange & black mouse toy when we went to Salem, Massachusetts two years ago & it's being buried with her at my adoptive aunt's house in the pet cemetery they have. Good- it was her favorite toy.

I feel really empty.

Ebony:

Image

Image
(This was the day she kept trying to steal my ice cream. You see it behind the computer, right? When I put it down, she walked over there & went I tried to sit down with the ice cream she was back on my laptop. It was adorable.)
September 2nd, 2011 at 07:19am