Degrassi Season Finale

Hey! So did anyone watch the Degrassi Season Finale last night? After all the drama that's been happening this season, it was a relief to see it all turn out okay. But...bad news! We have to say goodbye to many of the main characters now that they've graduated. Soooo memorium anyone???

HOLLY J SINCLAIR- She got her start on the show in season 7 when she became the new queen bee. She was snotty and rude to everyone, even Anya (who could forget that episode when Anya ended their friendship! Classic). After season 7, Holly J mellowed out a bit. She fell in love with Spinner but wanted to lose her virginity to Blue, got held at gunpoint, and saw her family go bankrupt. All of that made her a new person because when season 9 came round, she was the polar opposite of her season 7 self. She got a best friend, Jane. A boyfriend, Declan. A new enemy, Fiona. She even rekindled her friendship with Anya! Season 10 brought her a new best friend Fiona, an exboyfriend Declan, and the position as school pres. A power struggle occurred between her and Sav, which eventually led to them starting a "casual" relationship. She ended the relationship at the end of the season and came back for her last year at degrassi for this season with some bad news, Kidney Failure! After much drama revolving around her newly discovered foster mom, she finally got her to donate Holly J her kidney. Even though she missed prom, Chantay, Fiona, and Anya threw her her own prom. A successful kidney operation ended Holly J's four year span on the show at a high. It will take some getting used to because Degrassi will not be the same without Holly J!

SAV BHANDARI- Also arriving in season 7 along with Holly J, Sav turns to Mia for some kissing lessons and uses them on his first girlfriend, Anya. After being too protective over his sister and not telling Anya his parents already arranged his marriage, they ended their relationship in season 8. Sav joined Peter's band, The Studs, and went to Hollywood along with Manny, Jay, and Mia. Season 9 brought him and Anya back together, just to fall apart because of Sav's cowardliness towards his parents. Season 10 and Sav ran against Holly J as school pres...and won! Mostly because him and Anya faked a pregnancy and miscarriage for pity votes. He dated Holly J "casually" but was heartbroken when she ended it. Even so, he stood by her side the whole 11th season when she was going through her sick time. He fell in love with his teacher, Ms. Oh, but was denied again and again despite her love for him. He made the last night with her special and unforgettable and walked away from Degrassi confidentially.

ANYA MCPHEARSON- Another season 7 native, Anya never really got a main role in the show until the past two seasons. She ended her long term friendship with Holly J after she pushed the line at Anya's fundraiser. She started dating Sav but broke up with him several times due to him not not telling his parents about her. She aided her friend, Riley, during his coming out process and also befriended Zane. In season 10, she helped Sav win the school election by faking a pregnancy and then saying it was a miscarriage for sympathy votes. In season 11, she started dating Owen, the boy she hated. She fell down the wrong path and got addicted to cocaine. Finally after getting denied by her college and nowhere to go, she signed up for the army. She stayed at Holly J's side during her surgery and even helped Fiona and Chantay throw her a make-up prom. She walks away from Degrassi still with Owen and off to army training camp.

RILEY STAVROS- Making his first appearance in season 8, Riley and Peter became irriseptable. Finally, on a whim, Riley kisses Peter and then starts ignoring him when he realizes Peter is straight. Peter keeps his homosexuality a secret and the two end on good terms. Later in the season, Riley takes steroids and punches Sav in the face in a fit of anger. Season 9 brings him Zane, his first ever guy crush. With the help of Anya, he starts dating him and finally comes out to the whole school in season 10. In season 11, he helps Fiona and Eli with the school play and his mother finally gives up on her hope that Riley isn't gay and its just a "phase." He breaks up with Zane and heads off to college on a football scholarship.

CHANTAY BLACK- Entering the show pretty early, Chantay was first seen in season 4. After many seasons of just being an extra, she is given her own storylines. She tries to help Leia in season 9 with her boyfriend Danny, but sabotages Leia and Danny's relationship to get with Danny. She is seen mostly helping her friends. She helped Holly J realize that she needed to see a doctor when her "cold" turned severe. She also helped Anya and Fiona throw her a make-up prom. She is not seen after that.

ZANE PARK- Starting the show in season 9, Zane gets attracted to Degrassi other gay student, Riley. After showing Riley that its okay to be gay, Riley finally comes out to the school. He shuns Dave when he makes fun of transgender people. He sabotages Riley's birthday dinner and finally Riley breaks up with him.

Aren't we gonna miss these cast members??? You may think that there's not gonna be anymore of the cast members that have been on lately left but when you see Clare, Fiona, Drew, Eli, Jenna, and Alli you'll realize that there still can be a Degrassi without Holly J, Sav, and Anya. Who knows, maybe we'll see these characters again someday!

QUESTIONS!!
1. Who's your favorite character who's leaving
2. Who's your favorite character left?
3. Who's your favorite character they added this season? (Katie, Jake, Marisol, Imogen)
4. Are you excited fro the next season?
5. What do you think of the trailer for next season?

I'm really excited for next season. Looks like Degrassi is going on another camping trip.
Uh oh, remember what happened at the last one! (Sanya breakup #1). CANNOT wait!
September 3rd, 2011 at 03:43am