75% of this journal is about sex.

I need feedback. It's a craving, a desire.

When I write something, something I put time into, I want something to come out of it.

Now listen to this (This is the fun part!):

Writing without getting any feedback is like having sex without having an orgasm.

(You're all mature, educated people, right? You can handle this topic.)

Because the thing is people have sex for lots of different reasons... Their significant other wants too, they're bored, they want to get pregnant... But the truth is, if you don't have an orgasm it just seems like a colossal waste of time and effort.

The same goes for writing. Without the orgasm, it is really hard to put pen to paper... if you know what I mean.

And I know all the arguments. You should write for yourself, if it makes you happy.... blah blah blah.

But honestly? Sure, sex can be fun and all, good times. But in the end? I want to have that 'Woah' feeling, not that 'Gee, I can't remember if I returned that library book yet...'.

And you all know what I'm talking about. I know you do. Because I'm not talking about sex. I'm talking about writing. On a writing site. To a bunch of writers.

So the next time you have sex with someone, don't be selfish! It's not all about you. Pleasure is give and take. So seriously, give a little.
September 15th, 2011 at 06:01am