I'm on a boat!!! And I think there's a curse around me.

This curse is something I'll get into in a bit. It has to do with Avenged Sevenfold.

One week ago, my life changed just a bit. Well my life in the Navy. I finally am officially stationed on a ship! ZOMG! Stationed in San Diego, CA aboard the USS Green Bay I'll tell ya what, if you're a Chicago Bears (american football) fan, this boat isn't very Bears fan friendly. LMFAO Seeing as their rivals are the Green Bay Packers. There's so much green and gold all over this boat that it's just...meh. I love it though.

To give you people some insight, mainly those who complain that their lives are so horrible. I've been on the boat for a week. Tuesday morning we got underway. I had to be up at FOUR IN THE MORNING, got underway at 7:00, then spent the day starting my check in. WE pulled into where we were going around noon, and continued our workday. I got off at 5:00 pm. I also had a migrane the whole day. Needless to say, I crashed hard that night. I went to sleep for a few hours, got up, showered, and went back to bed. THe earliest I've gotten off this week was 5 pm. My shortest work day being about 10 hours. Today we pulled out of Seal Beach, CA and came back to San Diego, and we didn't pull in until about 5 pm. Being in the engineering department, we have to hook up phone lines and shore power. We started work at 7 am, and we got off at almost 8:30 pm.

I snapped at my friend who complains about her school that she's in because she would complain about it and the hours when she goes from 7 am till maybe 2 pm. I told her everything I learned from my first week on a ship and that it's not all easy.

But you know what? I love it. It seems very laid back. I wish I could deploy, but they just got back from a 7 month deployment that I didn't get to go on because I had school stuff to do. Being on the water is cool, and when you feel the ship rocking, holy crap it's relaxing. I love the fact that I"m finally doing something real and not just cleaning all day.

One of my pet peeves is people who have the easiest life to live and complain about it. People who aren't forced to have a job, who still live at home and have their parents pay for everything. People who complain that they can't go to all these awesome concerts because they don't have a ride. But they still get to see whatever band at least once a month. Wah wah, cry me a river, go to my profile and read the blue italic text in my about me. Better yet, I'll post it here:

My friends go to college, I go to war. At the same hour they wake up to decide not to go to school or work that day, I've been at work for hours. Their alarms wake them up, my alarms send me to cover. They make plans based on how they feel, I do as the schedule that was put out to me demands. They can't wait to leave their homes, I can't wait to get back. But when we look back on our respective lives, they'll like theirs, I'll be damn proud of mine.

One thing I learned from the Navy is that I'm a lot more blunt than I used to be. I also don't take life for granted as much as I used to. Yeah I might have my days where I hate life, but who doesn't? Everybody has days like that, but it's those people that complain about their lives every day that are annoying. Those ones that have more freedom than they really think.

Anyways, switching subjects to this curse. Back in April, I got to see Avenged Sevenfold for the first time ever, and I wasn't 100% sure I was going to be able to until the DAY BEFORE THE SHOW. Then Uproar was announced and it went from "I'm going" to "Well...maybe. I have to see" to "Fuck, I'll be out to sea, I can't go" back to "well, maybe I can, we'll see" and now it's officially at "I can go!" I just found this out today, and Uproar here in San Diego is on Sunday. I'm sadly not in the pit though. :( But it's okay, because I still get to go, and see Avenged Sevenfold AGAIN! I thought I'd never get to see them once in my life, and now I'm about to see them for a second time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone else is going to Uproar on Sunday, maybe I'll see you there! =D I'll be the person in the Avenged Sevenfold t-shirt! LMFAO!!!!!!! XD XD XD XD

Peace!
October 8th, 2011 at 09:10am