The Web in Front Chapter 24 Author's Note

YOU DON'T RECOVER FROM A NIGHT LIKE THIS.

...Ahem. Sorry.

Rather than having an author's note several times the length of the actual chapter, I thought I'd put what I want to say here. What I want to say is this: THE FEVER; THE FOCUS; THE REASONS THAT I HAD TO BELIEVE YOU WEREN'T TOO HARD TO SELL. ahaha, just kidding. Actually wanted to say that for the record, there is a sequel planned, but I don't have very much of it written. (I had about 95% of The Web in Front written when I posted The Tension and the Terror, and it still took me a couple weeks to even start getting that up, so don't expect a sequel any time soon.) In my head it will be fewer chapters than The Web in Front, but those chapters will be longer. More Adam Lazzara, more c*ck, and a buttload more wangsty emo-ness. It will take place from approximately 2002 (Brand New and Taking Back Sunday start touring together) to 2003 (John and Shaun leave Taking Back Sunday). At the moment, it's titled "The Glory Boys". I don't intend to write a sequel to that, although I do have a little bit of an idea for a one-shot taking place at the time of John's wedding and possibly something about John and Shaun returning to Taking Back Sunday.

This is my favorite thing I've written for the sequel so far:
The Glory Boys:
There’s something different about him, and it’s that his innocence is gone. Not because of sex or secrets, but because now John knows what he is capable of doing to the person he loves the most, and now John has hated himself more than he’s ever hated anyone. And Jesse wonders if he is innocent the way John was innocent, or if he used to be but lost it, or if he never was.
Probably it will continue to be my favorite thing even when the sequel is finished, because I tend to write my favorite part of a story early in the process. I kind of just wanted to post it in case the sequel never gets finished, 'cause I really like it. I did recently make a cover and layout for The Glory Boys, and while both are ridiculously simple and nothing to be proud of, I completely love them and the desire to use them has been serving as a pretty solid source of motivation to actually put the stuff in my head into words.

I hope someone out there is enjoying reading these stories, because I've really, really enjoyed writing them. Jesse/John is probably my most strongly held OTP. It's okay if you didn't, though, and it's okay if you didn't actually read any of them, because I honestly just wanted to write them and post them and see them on my stories list with everything all spiffy and neat. Other people liking them is like icing on a brownie. Not icing on the cake, because cake without icing is kind of sad and dull. Brownies without icing, however, are still completely delicious.

If you're looking for other (better) Jesse/John stories, just head on over to livejournal, 'cause there are a ton of Jose fics over there. There's the Lacey Loves JNo community, and the lists of memorable entries in Slashy Punk Boys for Brand New, Taking Back Sunday, and Straylight Run, all three of which contain quite a bit of Jesse/John slash (with lots of Adam thrown in). For the most part there isn't much new Jesse Lacey / John Nolan fanfiction on livejournal, but a lot of the stuff is worth a re-read. Or a first read if you haven't already.

Oh and hey, backstory & unknown facts for The Tension and the Terror and The Web in Front, if you are so inclined.

That's all for now. Have some KDev.

Image

PS Today is the ten-year anniversary of the release of Your Favorite Weapon. Merely a coincidence, or carefully planned by a super-corny writer of slash? THE WORLD MAY NEVER KNOW. :3
October 9th, 2011 at 06:36pm