Paranormal Activity 3 (And Teddy Ruxpin) have ruined my ability to sleep (no spoilers)

I went to the midnight premiere of Paranormal Activity 3 last night. I've gone to see all of them in the theatre, because I'm a huge horror movie buff and they always come out right around my birthday. This year I couldn't wait the 4 days until my actual birthday.

Most of the scary parts in the trailer aren't even in the film. But what is in there... personally I think that this one was the most frightening in the franchise. The three of us that went together sat up until 4 am discussing our theories about the plot line, and our favourite scary moments.

There is a talking teddy bear in the movie that shows up a couple of times. It has nothing to do with the movie itself, but it just seems to be there in creepy moments. It was a Teddy Ruxpin doll, and I seemed to be the only one in the theatre that recognized it. It was really up-close after a particular scary moment in the girls' room, and I thought something was going to happen to it. So, of course, I yelled out "Not Teddy Ruxpin!" And kind of alleviated the tension for a moment because pretty much everyone there started laughing at me. Seriously, that was a good cartoon.

In fact, it was this exact toy right here:

Image

Those two girls were really good actresses. They made it so believable, and they were so little.

When I finally got to sleep, I only had four hours before I had to get up. And I woke up to someone in the next apartment hammering something. Very slowly. It was super creepy and I was glad that I had class so I could get the hell out of there.

Anyways, I recommend this movie to any who are a fan of the series. A few parts are more of the same, but there were a few points where I think every person in the room screamed in terror. Especially one guy who was particularly wound up near the end.

And if you are too young to know who Teddy Ruxpin is, educate yourself.
October 21st, 2011 at 06:26pm