I have questions for you, Mibba.

I've been looking for answers to these, and I'm so tired right now, I don't know if I've found them or not. I would really appreciate it if anyone could give me any insight to these, because it would help my writing, a lot.

01. How long is a crime scene under... protection, per se? How many months is it or weeks until it is cleared and people can publically access it once again? ((Say the crime scene is someone's apartment, where the police find blood splattered all over the walls.))

02. If there was blood found in said apartment, and it would take weeks for the lab to get to running the tests, and the tests were run in 5 - 10 days to figure out whose blood it is -- would the victim's family be notified? ((The person went missing, and they found blood in her apartment, where she was said to be, last, and the blood turned out to be hers.)) Or could they at least be told, if they asked?

03. I read somewhere that a search for someone missing could go on for as many months/years as the family is willing to donate money for. ((The person donating funds to find said person would be a head of a company, so he could pay them lots, for a long time.)) The police, in higher areas, could be paid off by another company and the searches could cease, right, and the family would be notified? ((Head of the company.)) And they would refuse any other bribe from the family, yes?

You guys would be miracle workers, saviors, if you could answer this for me, or give me any additional information that would help me. It would be much obliged.
November 7th, 2011 at 05:11am