Don't Crush On your Friends

We liked each other. I kept saying to myself, "Let's not ruin the friendship", but the real reason I didn't want to say anything to him: I wanted him to tell me.

I wanted that, and I wanted that weird sort of tension where everyone knows you like each other, but you're still friends, so everything is exciting and you're wondering what's going to happen next.

Normal guys like the whole chasing thing too, right?

I guess he decided not to be a normal guy. Suddenly, he just stopped liking me. Just like that. No warning. He just decided, "Hey, I like Mackenzie now." And what really is a slap in the face? Mackenzie already has a boyfriend. It's not like he and I were going out or anything, but now he's chasing the pretty girl who's already taken, leaving me in the vat of low self-confidence. Lovely. But of course I'm being dramatic. Maybe he never liked me, and what almost was really wasn't.

Still, maybe if I hadn't had such damn-big hopes,, we could've gotten somewhere. At least for a while. It would've been better than this rejection-y type feeling. And the worst part is, I can't shake the feeling that these regrets would be present, in a different form, if we'd dated and broken up. It's a crushing catch-22.


To summarize:
Don't crush on your friends.

I'm reading this five minutes later, and it sounds so dramatic. But it's still true, so...
November 16th, 2011 at 11:31pm