Livin' The Life as a Senior

Dear Journal,

This is my senior year! Class Of 2012 WOO! :)

So, I told myself at the beginning of the school year that I felt like I was going to do something BIG this year! But heres the catch... I did not know what was going to happen! This is what I have been doing for the last month, I have been meeting with the School District, and there individual school(s). I am trying to put together a fundraiser for one of my close friends! She has very bad and rare cancer. She is 17 and a senior this year... With absolutely know income coming in to help them! This morning, I met with the Student Council at her former Middle School, Thank god they all accepted! They all decided on several types of fundraisers! There was a couple that agreed on Walking Dogs... or even to wash them! Sadly it is winter and way too cold outside... Some even said, "Why not bring back the Lemonade Stand?" Thankfully we all agreed on that! They plan on doing this for the next couple of months! With a little hint of selling Hot Chocolate as well for the cold. Of course, Some the guys in the group thought it was okay to... ask about making "Marshmellow Launchers---Mint Launchers! Luckily they cannot sell those... Dangerous to the school and the kids... The biggest project that we discussed was: A HUGE Harry Potter and Twilight Bash! One night we could show a couple Harry Potter movies, the next night we show a couple Twilight movies! Have admission fees, popcorn, snacks and a lot of fun! I made the HP and Twilight Bash up!!!! (The other biggest part of this is, I am going to try to have CYMS make 1,000 Paper Cranes! Or more. I am wanting to try to do a Burning Lantern Thing... Because she asked me to do this., and my goal is to accomplish it! Also she said she is very fascinated with it! So I am going to try it!) Get better! We all love you dearly! Glad I am here to help out some! Some of your friends are wanting to help out with some of these projects! You are not alone! <3 Thank you CY Middle School for allowing me to do this at your school! :)

I have not felt this proud of myself for a couple years... Maybe this is what I am supposed to do for my future... Become a teacher and help out as much as I can! Like I am doing now!

Oh! Who ever accepts Rachels Challenge: YOU ROCK!
November 18th, 2011 at 06:47pm