IT'S GOING DOWN TO THE WIRE - SANDOWN SUNDAY WRAP

Sunday's finale to the Sandown Norton 360 Challenge was an aggressive one, as drivers attacked each other like hungry wolves for track position. Again, Triple Eight were in battale with a very hungry Ford Performance Racing pack as the rest smashed and spun each other.
_____________________________________________________
The rain may have passed but the grass was still very slippery as many drivers locked wheels to plough the mud through turns three and four. After an intense qualifying session, Jamie Whincup just held onto pole position with a very strong Mark Winterbottom starting alongside him.
Today's race was a longer one with two hundred kilometres to complete, making statergy was well executed. One man who made the most of his strategy was Will Davison who gained track position to finish third. Though, he was in a tough battle as Craig Lowndes was swooping in on him. Lowndes racing smartly as a DNF was not an optional result.
Some penalties were dished out further down the field as drivers became aggressive for track position. And after being labelled a 'moron' by Jason Bargwanna, James Moffat could have proved it wrong but ended tagging Michael Caruso and earning himself double penalites. Most drivers had a good run, but the Jack Daniel's cars found themselves lacking pace on the final day.
When the V8 Supercars land in Sydney for the final race of the season it will surely be the championship decider. Who will be crowned V8 Supercars 2011 Champion? We'll have to wait and see as the chaos unravels in two weeks time.

TOP 3 RESULTS - SUNDAY
Pole - Jamie Whincup (#88, Triple Eight Racing)
1st Place - Jamie Whincup (#88, Triple Eight Racing)
2nd Place - Mark Winterbottom (#5, Ford Performance Racing)
3rd Place - Will Davison (#6, Trading Post Racing/Ford Perfromance Racing)

For more news head to www.v8supercars.com.au
November 20th, 2011 at 08:22am