I seriously need your help.

BACKGROUND
So me and Ricky have been really good friends since literally the very day I was born. My mum and he's mum were close, so Ricky's mum came up to the hospital with Ricky (even though he was like 10 days old) to come see me and my mum when I had just been born.

We went to the same schools, hung out all the time, and were just really good friends. When I was about 13 I was like "Daaamn." I realised he was actually a hottie, and he must have thought the same about me because we started dating. That lasted a couple of weeks and then we broke it off. All throughout school Ricky still took me out on little dates here and there, and would try to steal a kiss from me. We also went Prom together.

Since we finished school a few years ago, me and Ricky have still been in touch and he has still tried to make things work with us. But as much as I have always fancied him, i just didn't want to go there cos I've been scared of what it might do to us.

THIS IS THE DILEMNA
To cut a long story short, we went out for dinner last night with a friend of ours, and for some reason, I realised I really do want to be with Ricky. I'm finally ready to give it a go. I got brave when I came home last night and sent him a text.

We had the following conversation..

Me: I had a really nice night tonight. We should go out again soon.

Him: Yeah defiantly. it was a very good night. I will defiantly speak to Sam (our friend that came out with us) and see when he is free next. We will sort something.

Me: Yeah defiantly. I just want to say I'm sorry too. I do really like you Ricky, and I know you've given me so many chances and I always mess it up. I don't even know why?

Him: You've never messed things up as such. It's just as we've always been good friends, it's just hard to take that step I suppose.

Me: Yeah that's what it is. I just worry. But would you give me another chance? Take things slow? I just feel like if we don't try then we will never know. Dont worry if not, it's fine. We will be friends.

Him: I just really want to get Christmas and New Year out of the way. I've just come out of a bit of a bastard relationship and it's knocked me for 6! Not to say something can't happen in the future..

Me: Nah that's fine. Just let me know when you and sam want to meet up again.

Him: Defiantly. But it doesn't have to be with Sam? We can socialise just me and you y'know? Lol. We will defiantly do it again soon. It was good to see you.

Me: Wasn't sure if you wanted to! OK yeah just let me know.

Him: Yeah of course, we always have a laugh together :) .. Will do. Speak to you soon hun xx

------------

QUESTION
OK, so did he just kindly say "No, I'm not interested." ... Or does it sound like he genuinley will see next year?

Please help! I put myself out there completely, which I have never done before!!
December 11th, 2011 at 02:31pm