What Christmas Is All About

First off, Happy Christmas! This is my favorite holiday. I love this time of year when everyone’s off work/school and you can just hang around with friends and family and be lazy. I enjoy getting presents but just being able to be home and hang out with everyone and be with my family is the best. I really don’t want to go back to school at the end of January, being home is just so much better.

Now to the point of this post. Everyone says that Christmas isn’t about the presents, it’s about being together and family and just loving each other. That’s so right and yesterday, my aunt showed that. Every Christmas Eve, my family goes to my great-aunt’s house and we have the best party ever, I never want to go anywhere else for Christmas Eve. My aunt’s a math teacher and she’s got to be the best math teacher ever, she really helps her students and cares about them. One student told her that because of her, he will be the first one in his family to graduate high school. There is another student who, even though she isn't a good cheerleader, was put on the team to help boost her self-esteem/morale and she didn't have sneakers, the briefs, and something else for the uniform and she didn't have the money to buy them so my aunt brought those things for her. My aunt goes above and beyond for her students.

There are two girls, one she teaches math and the other is on the cheerleading squad my aunt coaches, and they live in a shelter. My aunt brought these two girls to the party last night so that they could have a great Christmas. She got them grab bag gifts so they could participate in the gift exchange game we do and she also got them presents for when Santa came. She took it upon herself to give Jada and Shanise a great Christmas and I really hope they had a great time. This is what Christmas is about, making others feel loved and happy.

So enjoy your presents but whether you’re off for a week for high school or a month for college, spend this holiday season with friends and family. Also, I really hope we get snow because I want to go outside and play. Happy Christmas again!
December 25th, 2011 at 08:57pm