The Human Race and Resolutions 2.0 (Semi Rant)

I'm only now realising how unbelievably fucked up this world is.

Like seriously, what the hell happened?

How did we end up where we are?

Am I the only one who's noticing this, just how f*cked everything is?

Today is the first day of a new year, a new year I am not looking forward too actually. But I honestly don't feel any different from yesterday. Maybe more pissed off and hurt but still the same.

This new year, new life thing is bullshit. Its still your life, you still have the same shit to deal with, you still have to put one foot in front of the other. You still have to learn to breathe through the pain. To smile when you want to cry and all of that crap.

Your just going to get one year older, earn a new batch of memories. Maybe fall in love, maybe loose a love. Who knows.

Get a chance to learn from your mistakes.

This is the major thing wrong with the human race. We don't learn. We don't learn from those who have passed, we seem dead set on f*cking up over and over again. Which freaking pisses me off. We're suppose to be the advanced race, the king of the kids. God's chosen race and all that. But man we have some serious issues.

After new years eve, I'm ashamed to call myself human. Because I bet we'll make the same mistakes. We'll hurt someone, we'll f*ck someone over, lie, cheat and all that. Because we're human. Completely and utterly f*cked up human.

We're set on some messed up existence, been given the intelligence to understand that death owns us and that we can't escape it. Smart enough to know that we're going to die. Special enough to have a conscience. And cursed to never understand why we're here.

See what I mean, we're f*cked up.

So I've been asked a few times, whats your new years resolution?

I don't have one.

Because January the First is just another day, and if you really want to change. Why not change on the second or on the seventh of f*cking July. You want to change, do it. Do it for you. Don't wait to new years when most of us are to shit faced to remember it anyway.

So yeah happy new years guys.
January 1st, 2012 at 10:29am