Frost bite in The spring, Heat-Stroke in the Winter.

I left my heart in the ice, at winter’s door. And I left my heart too freeze. I left love to freeze by the whispers of sweet caress and broken dreams that winter breathed through her cool mouth. I left my heart to freeze in ice. And as I froze the fires burned and crackled by my side, though they did not put a tear on the face of the ice where my heart sat frozen and still. And as spring came to the doormat knocking, knocking, my heart twitched as it swelled to the opportunities that presented themselves. They were false opportunities, and instead of fire and love, my heart was shattered. Now here it lies on the floor of summers garden, growing trees and leaves and flowers and things. Still not knowing warmth, then came winter again. To pick up my heart and freeze it back together, so that each piece is part of a broken whole, growing colder still as the days breeze by. And there you sit, admiring my frozen heart, too prideful to do anything about it. So now here it lays still, dormant in winter’s garden.

Sometimes the easiest things to obtain, are the hardest to ask for. And when we can't get the fullfillment we would wish for by asking of these things, then what are we left with? . Questions, and unanswered ones at that. So what do we do?. We sit and wait, hoping that the answers would just present themselves out of thin air. Hoping they would take form and show themselves to us. Silly us, for hoping so high. Why do we do it to ourselves?, let ourselves become a shriveled mess, and keep telling ourselves we will be ok, we will be stronger tomorrow, we won't care anymore?. I laugh , i just laugh at everything.

I guess, sometimes we have to burn, so we can rise and be new flesh with new expectations.
January 5th, 2012 at 04:53am