Story. Maybe?

So I think I'll just post what I came up with here and then you can tell me if it's good or not. Constructive criticism I guess. And there is a difference between being constructive and just being mean.

Behind The Lens
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I smiled behind the camera at the perfect scene. Sure it was all just an act, for everyone else at least, but to me it was magic. The way they looked at each other. How her head rested gently on his shoulder. Even how he smiled at her like she was his world. A sense of longing washed over me. They had everything I'd always wanted. Everything I was sure I would never have again.

I clicked the button, capturing the moment in all it's digital glory. I pulled back to look at it, smiling. Maybe I'd leave it in both their lockers. That way they'd always know just how much it was worth it. It always worked for the other couples. I heard the comments about how one photo could save the whole relationship. They just needed a little outside, and anonymous, help. And that help was me.

My finger moved over the button one more time, trying to get one last picture when Cameron looked my way and spotted me. His smile faltered for half a second. Half a second to long though. Cameron broke away from the red haired beauty and started walking toward me. I turned around and ran.

"Hey, you! Come back!" He shouted.

Not going to happen, buddy. Maybe you'll see me in school, but you won't notice me. You never have. At least, not since the accident that changed everything.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So there you have it. Leave a comment?

Rock and Roll
January 13th, 2012 at 05:28am