Review of the night: ABR/SILVERSTEIN SHOW

I The Breather was supposed to play, but for one reason or another, they didn’t.

LetLive played. They were easily the second worst band I’ve ever seen live. Their music isn’t my type, so whatever. But the performance that they put on was absolutely the worst thing ever. The singer, Jason Butler, was clearly on something. He kept falling over and at one point, puked on the drum riser. The other band members looked so out of it. It was just sad to watch, really. One of their guitarists, however, was fucking amazing. Jeff Sahyoun was a great live performer and extremely talented! If it weren’t for him, I wouldn’t have even listened to their set. I think the worst part was when the singer jumped onto the bar and practically fell off of it. The bouncers didn’t even know what to do. Lesson learned: Stay off drugs.

Texas In July was so great! I’ve seen them one other time but never really listened to them until today. Alex Good, the lead singer, was such a great crowd pumper! He was slapping all the hands of the crowd and was just high energy the entire set! This band totally made up for LetLive.

Silverstein was amazing. It wasn’t the best performance they’ve ever put on, but it certainly was still awesome. They balanced all the tracks and played two or three from each of their cds. They even played three off of Short Songs, which comes out February 7th. Afterwards, Shane went to the merch table and met all his fans, signed tickets and took pictures! I even met him and he remembered me! It was a great experience, nonetheless.

August Burns Red was violent, as usual. I was still talking to Shane when their first song came on. When I finally went to see them, I listened to a few songs before I got a bloody nose! I left right after, of course, because the bouncers would have kicked me out if they saw the blood anyway. From what I heard, they had a great live performance though. A little too violent for me!

All in all, it was amazing and I can’t wait to see everyone again.
January 14th, 2012 at 06:49am