Beauty... in my opinion

So the title, as usual, says it all. This journal is about Beauty. Honestly this is a sore subject for me. Many people say I'm beautiful and yes, to a certain degree, I am. I believe I'm pretty and the only thing I would ever consider changing is my height. What can I say? I'm short and I don't necessarily like it. But back to the original thought.

Beauty:
1. the combination of all the qualities of a person or thing that delight the senses and please the mind
2. a very attractive and well-formed girl or woman
3. informal an outstanding example of its kind: the horse is a beauty
4. informal an advantageous feature: one beauty of the job is the short hours
5. informal , old-fashioned a light-hearted and affectionate term of address: hello, my old beauty!

Most people think of beauty as the second one. An overwhelming majority of the guys only look on the outside before they get to know a girl. An overwhelming amount of girls in the United States having eating disorders, low self esteems, and problems with how they see themselves simply because they don't believe they are up to what America thinks is beautiful. I hate that. My definition of beauty is the first one up there. ^^ Just because you look pretty on the outside, doesn't mean you're beautiful on the inside. Now I'm not one to judge. I mean, I'll always think someone is beautiful until you give me a reason to believe you're not. Please do not give me that reason. I like to think that everyone is beautiful, even if you have scars covering your past. I like to look on the inside, not just the outside.

My friend asked me to listen to some song she heard and I did. It made me laugh, smile and feel good about myself. It's called Ugly by Christina Grimmie. Look it up sometime(: It's really good and pretty funny.

And now i'm curious. I've stated my opinion on beauty. what's yours? do you consider your physical appearance beautiful? What about your heart/soul? Leave me a comment if you agree or if you disagree. I'd love to know what you think(:

~Rock and Roll
January 15th, 2012 at 07:07am