Unweilding Absent Desires

Does anyone else listen to love songs and listen to the lyrics and ask how? How does it all work, they make it sound so easy, that falling in love is like breathing. That giving yourself to someone completely, is a piece of cake. Does anyone else find themselves thinking, yeah no. The idea of falling in love scares the shit out of me, actually giving someone everything. Opening yourself to someone, flaws and all.
Image

Growing up I thought that was the one thing I could count on, that I would fall in love, get married and have lots of kiddies. Now falling in love, I don't know if I could really ever give someone everything.

Image

I honestly think I'm too f*cking messed up. I can't let people love me, I shove them away. And I'm not saying this to sound all emoish and lonely. I'm lonely I get that, and I'm okay with that. But that doesn't mean I don't want that love, that unyielding desire for another person.
Well, that's what the love songs say, but is it actually possible, or is it all fantasy?
Image

I want that. I can handle being alone. But I want that desire, that love. I want to be stupid and I want that blinding emotion. I don't care if they don't love me back at this point, I just want to feel it. To taste it as it rips through your mind and makes you all warm and fuzzy inside.
January 15th, 2012 at 11:48am