Love Pining on Mibba

Lately, I've been reading a lot of journals about that sort of stuff. Maybe some chick likes some guy, but doesn't know if she should get together with him. Maybe she's lonely because she doesn't see him enough. It's all sorts of things, but their common thread is it's all girls who claim to be sad because they can't be with some guy.

Now, I've written a few "squeal over some hottie" journal entries myself, but I've recently realized that I, as a third party member with no relation whatsoever to that girl's love life (as most of us are, get really annoyed by such journal entries.

Honestly, if it's so hard to be with him, then don't be with him. It's as plain and f*cking simple as that. There are 6.8 billion people in the world, you're bound to find someone. And in the first place, why is your whole life centered around love? Are you really so insecure as an individual that you need some boy to define your existence? Just let what'll happen happen, and don't scream it across the entire Internet.

Again, that's very hypocritical, because I've done the same thing more than once or twice in my history of being on Mibba. Also, I get that some people are just looking for advice. Perhaps I'm just cross because I no longer believe in love between teenagers.

In my opinion, it is all a physical need and the emotional insecurity that many teenagers feel. Once the relationship commences, the two individuals delude themselves into thinking it is love. Perhaps because it is the first time they've ever been so close and honest to a person, in which case, it is not love but the amazing discovery that humanity is capable of connecting beyond the false fronts it puts up. This is something I've observed in most of the relationships that have formed in my school.

Perhaps this opinion of mine is something I've only come to because I've personally had a bad time with attempts at relationships. After all, the guy I've liked for two years not only got a girlfriend, but he also moved away, and a dude "friend" turned out to have a huge crush on me (or so he texts. In truth, I believe he wanted to get a girlfriend like all the rest of his buddies have).

Whether or not my opinions are the result of my bad experiences, it doesn't change the fact that those kinds of relationships irk the h*ll out of me. Not to condemn anyone who does that, I'm just saying what's been on my mind these last few days. By all means, may we all continue to post what we will.
January 22nd, 2012 at 02:33am