Anyone like editing?? add more details, fix punctuation...whatever your heart desires and send it to me...yup

Why would I bother going to this boarding school? I'm covered in brusies and scratches, thats why. But i can get away from my abusive parents if i go, well away from my dad. His terrible wife could care less what he does to me. I despise her for that. Or she could possible be too scared to stop him. Nope, I'm dreaming, She doesn't care.

Your tuition will be free. Those words stood out to me as if they were in big bold letters. Free tuition? I was going, no questions asked. I heard the front door open and I saw Patricia hauling my disheveled, drunken father up the stairs. I hid the letter under the open spiral notebook laying on my desk Then I waited for the sound of her footsteps as she finished her way to their room, and i heard their bed room door close. I sighed, and ran my fingers through my dark auburn and black hair, thinking about how I was going to pull this off. I made my over to the house phone, and dialed the number on the letter. It rang twice before a soft and cloying voice answered.

"Hello?" It said. I gulped and sighed.

"Yes, i'm Aislynn Kane. I received a letter today."

"Oh, yes! Your our new transfer, and we are so happy you've called!"

"Yeah. But the thing is, if i were to go the the school, how would i get there Mrs...um..?" I asked her, i still didn't know her name.

"You have no way of getting here?"

"No...is there any way u can arrange to get me down there? I have some-"

"Well, of course! I understand and will see if I can get a driver down there. I'll call you to set up a time tomorrow."

"Thank you, but-"

"Oh, darling I'm so sorry i have to go! I can't wait to see you!" And then the line went dead. Oh, gosh. I'm going and i need to pack! I grabbed the envelope the letter was in, along with my backpack and rushed up stairs, quietly.

''What should i bring?'' I whispered to myself, i went into my walk in closet and found my three large suitcases. I put the on my bed, opened, and started folding my clothes into them. I left a pair of short shorts, a button up shirt and a pair of underwear out for tomorrow. I was almost finished packing, when i heard the door to my dad's room open, i froze in place as i heard his heavy foot steps padding down the hall. I waited for what seems like forever, until i heard the door to the bathroom close and him go back to his room. I hurried up and finished, putting my bags by my door. I put my laptop in my backpack along with it's charger, my cell phone charger, my iPod and a pair of extra head phones. I stripped, down to my underwear but i left my camisole on and laid down in my warm bed. I soon drifted off into sleep, my beautiful mother's face floating into my dreams.

''Flight 369 to England, is now boarding!'' I heard the intercom screech. I grabbed my back pack, and moved quietly through the crowd of people. I gave the lady my ticket, she smiled at me and i smiled,weakly, back. I found my seat, lifted my hood onto my head, turned up the music on my iPod before drifting into a light sleep.

''Mommie I'm scared!'' A six year old me said, tears streaming down my cheeks as my mother held me.

''Shhh... Baby it's gonna be alright. Daddy just had to much to drink.'' She told me simply, and i noticed a scratch on her left cheek, covering the whole thing.

''Bethany! God damn where the fuck are you?!'' I heard my father scream, his voice echoing through out the whole house.

''Baby do me a favor... I need you to stay hidden until i come and get you.''

''No! Mommie don't go, it's not safe!'' I begged her. She only smiled, a hearty smile that seemed to make everything better.

''Sweetie, I'm going to be fine.''

''Promise?''

''I promise.'' She said as we pinky sweared, i pulled my knees to me chest, covering my ears and closing my eyes.

''Where the fuck were you?!'' My father screamed at her, i heard something crash onto the floor, and my mother screamed back.

''You need to leave!'' She screamed, but he only laughed.

''And you need to be punished!''

''Stop it your hurting me!!''

''Mommie!'' I screamed, but she only yelled at me to stay away. I got out of my hiding place, running towards their room, and saw the door was closed. I heard clothes ripping, my mother was screaming and i couldn't do anything about it.

''Where is our beautiful daughter?'' I heard him ask her, she screamed for him not to touch me. I went into my room, grabbing a letter opener and hid in my closet.

''You touch her and i swear to god i will fucking kill you David!'' My mother screamed, her voice was full of anger and bitterness. I've never heard my mother curse before, she is getting really angry.

''There you are.'' I heard my father say as he opened my closet door, his hands were covered in blood. My mother's blood.

''Miss are you okay?'' I heard a deep voice ask me, i snapped my eyes open and pushed my hood down. I saw the driver was eyeing me, his old eyes holding worry in them. I sighed, and looked around, we were in front of a school, more like a castle. I nodded and stepped out of the car, i grabbed my bag and put my hood back up.

''Where do i go?'' I asked the driver and he smiled, nodding towards the front doors.

''The front office is right through those doors, Miss.''

I stuck my hands into my hoodie pockets and walked up the front steps, it felt like walking up a freaking mountain. I pushed my way through the crowd that was outside the front office, earning a couple ''Excuse you!'' or ''Watch it!'' I didn't care, i just walked into the front office and suddenly felt safe. Why, i don't know.

''Hey um I'm-''

''Your Krystalina Iago, your here to see Mrs. Kingston?'' The lady at a little desk said, i nodded and she smiled.

''She's been waiting for you, go right ahead in.''
March 3rd, 2012 at 01:53am