It's JUST a GAME .

Okay, so I just finished watching a recording of the Six Nations game against Wales and Italy (aired yesterday on Saturday. Wales won, 24-3. YAY!) and it has come to my attention that for people who don't watch or keep up with rugby (i.e, 99% of my friends), they have the dirtiest thoughts of the game. Let me tell you what I mean:
So, if you do keep up with rugby and watch it all the time, you probably know what I mean. When people who don't watch rugby watch their first, professional game, they automatically think that the game is 'gay.' Well it's NOT gay. Just because men sometimes (or rather usually, I should say) tumble onto each other, or the way they hold each other in a scrum, doesn't mean that they're 'gay' or bisexual. It just means that they're playing, seeing that that's how the game is meant to play. Okay, so someone happens to fall onto someone else, that is no reason for you to call them game. I know MANY people who are big football fans (American football, not soccer), and they never call football players gay. Yet, they're the ones in tights and padding, and they are ALWAYS-and I mean ALWAYS- falling on top of each other. What's the difference with rugby? Just because they're man enough to not wear helmets and padding, that means that they're gay?
Now, don't get me wrong, I, too, love the game of football. But seriously. When it comes to a debate, rugby is best. And just because they fall onto each other or hold each other in 'gay-ish' ways, that does not mean that they're not heterosexual. In fact, there's an actual gay rugby team. If you want to call rugby players gay, I suggest you tell it to them (note: I have nothing against gay people. I fully support them, although I'm a heterosexual). So stop trying to act all cool in front of your friends or whatever, and SHUT YOUR TRAP. It's just a GAME, for crying out loud.
I once saw a movie (okay, I lied. I saw this movie seven times) called Forever Strong (on Netflix), about rugby. And there was a very good quote in that movie that was said: "Soccer is for kids. Football is for wussies. Rugby is for men." I think that's 100% true, right there. So, if you wanna start trashing on rugby, why don't YOU try playing? Maybe you'll learn something.
In football, players pretend to be hurt. In rugby, men pretend NOT to be hurt.
You get my point. Don't call rugby gay. It's probably the most anti-gay sport in the world. Keep your negative thoughts to yourself.
March 11th, 2012 at 03:35pm