Viewing Life Differently

Let’s say you are ready to take a shower after a long and overwhelming day. You walk in the bath put your head under the shower droplets and close your eyes. You than open them and spot a small butterfly at the bottom of your feet. You think it’s dead but when you look closer it moves. It tries to get out of this flood of water but clearly it is unable to sputter its wings now that they are soaked. Tell me what would you do next? Do you grab it and bring it outside where it can live a longer life than it was destined to or just let it slide down the drain and within in minutes you forget the life that was lost.
Let’s put it in another perspective. Most of us just viewed the butterfly as a small and insignificant creature on this Earth. To the butterfly we may look like a savior, someone or something with the ability to rescue them from the unfortunate event. Still most watch as the butterfly washes away.Now lets switch the roles a little. Have you ever encountered a tornado? I myself haven’t but I sometimes stop to think and realize that this natural disaster does not care about any lives just as much as we may not care about the butterfly. With this force charging at you and nowhere to escape the tornado has the ability to turn or shift and spare your life. Don’t ever think any sort of life is irrelevant or lesser than yours. To that butterfly you were a force of a nature who could have effortlessly given it the ability to live as it once did.
March 24th, 2012 at 01:11am