The Academic World Dehumanizes Us.

So everyone knows that one person who has all A's, gets involved in all the school product sales, and are friendly with everyone. And those are the kind of people that really disgust me. No life outside of school, and are so conservative to the point where I'm convinced I'm talking to an over-protected 8-year-old.

I've never heard something more perfect that the quote for the title.

I've always looked down to the people who try to make the acdemic world their pride. It's something that is already making you build your life around and thrust into your hands, so what's so special and unique about it? (Please, if you have an answer for this question, enlighten me.)

And on that, I've always looked up to people who are flirting with some demons and have scars to share 'n talk about. I'd much rather be around someone who speaks in many simple words that can tell me something that will change me as a human than someone who can effortlessly pull out 12 letter words to tell me about how their uneventful Saturday went.

I build school around my life. Not life around school.

The academic world dehumanizes us.

And in all honesty, I can say I'd rather flunk and fail out than miss a single chance to talk to someone with a wound they're ready to heal.
March 29th, 2012 at 10:58pm