Do You Really Want Honesty?

No one truly wants you to be honest, they just want a lie that is good enough and believable enough to pass as the true. Becauae see unless you can successfully pull of a lie and not get caught the you're SCREWED whether you're honest or not.

If you're honest you upset people or piss them off. Even after them saying they want you to be completely honest they still crack the shits with you because let's face it's when they say 'Be completely honest' they really mean 'Tell me a lie that isn't too far from the truth, that is believable and makes me feel good'
So being honest= SCREWED

But if you lie and get caught it it is basically the same, they get upsey and pissed, but twices as bad because you lied to them. See the only difference between honesty anf unsuccessful lying it, is the guilt and or betrayal, either way you are going to feel crappy for upsetting/pissong off a friend but If you lie throw in guilt and betrayal.
So lying (unsuccessfuly)= SCREWED

If you can successfully pull of yhe lie without getting caught, the great. But even though they aren't going to get uoset at you, you will have that nagging feeling of guilt.
So I guess even then you're SCREWED.

You can't win, either way you end up screwed, so either don't let yourself get into the situation OR be honest because even though you're SCREWED you were doing exactly what they asked and weren't dishonest.
April 21st, 2012 at 06:53pm