Goodbye Frankie

Yesterday was a very difficult day. My kitty, Frankie, has been going through some bladder problems for the past few months. We took him to the vet numerous times over this year and it costed about $600 each time. I thought this time he was finally better but I came home to him bleeding pretty badly, so I rushed him to the Vet. I was so scared for my Frankie. The vet said that he needed a special surgery that would turn him into a she. I said that was fine, please help him. The surgeon who does the procedure is out of state and to take Frankie there would have costed over 3,000 including the other medical attention he needed. At this time, my parents could not afford such expenses. This ultimately lead to the decision of putting my Frankie down. I remembered it was 5pm and I walked into the Vet's office already crying. I sat in the little room and they brought in Frankie. He meowed when he saw me and went right up to me. I held him close as the tears began to drop. He purred and licked my face. He didn't know what was going to happen, he probably thought we were going to take him home. I kept petting him and holding him. I didn't want to let go. They basically had to pry me away from him. He looked at me while I walked out the room and meowed. It killed me knowing the last thing he saw was me leaving. My poor kitty. I am so sorry Frankie that I couldn't afford to keep you alive. I am so sorry that I wasn't able to sit there with you while they put you to sleep. To some people this might seem really dumb to be so upset, but Frankie was like my baby. I only had him for four years but we were really close. He always loved to sleep on my pillow right beside my head, and give me little nose kisses. He used to climb on top of my shoulders and sit there while I walked around the house. Even now, I still think he's going to come back home to me. When I got home I couldn't stop crying. Even right now I am still crying. Last night was the first night without him. My poor Frankie. My Frankie is never coming back and it really hurts so much.
May 5th, 2012 at 05:15pm