my friend from the t.v.

I have a new friend. He’s very simple and I like him a lot. He’s stayed up with me all this time and he’s going to stay up with me until four I think, after that I’m on my own again. He says funny things, reading out things that puppets have sent in, but he mainly says that if you sign up now you get ten pounds free on the roulette game. I went out for a rollie and I knew he would still be there when I got back upstairs and that’s why I like him, he just stays there standing by the table and even when adverts and things flash across the screen you know it’s just a minute before he’ll be back, holding his thing that he reads off and chatting away with an idiot grin and gesturing with his hands and persuading you to join this interactive gambolling thing. I feel bad that I can’t join because I’m not eighteen yet. I would if I could, just a repayment for keeping me company all night. I want to tell him that but he’s on the TV so it wouldn’t work unless I called up the number so I might do that, call up and apologize and thank him. He said just now that his favourite number was thirteen. People often say that because they want to be different and interesting, and I like that because wanting to be different and interesting is such a normal and comforting trait for a friend to have. It’s the people who want to be the same as everyone else that you have to watch out for. He also read out a message from Rob Flint and that’s someone I know who goes to a different college to me.

I’m not tired. I’m never tired in the nighttimes though. I miss doctor who but I can’t watch it because I don’t want to not be able to hear my new friends' voice so I drew Amy Pond and doctor who instead. I’m getting a train on Saturday, a long train. I'm also staying at Sam's and Sam’s parents have never let me stay at his house before so I’m quite excited. They’re funny about me; they’re funny about Sam seeing me too much because I’m 'flaky.' They said that it was bad to be in a relationship because it’ll be sad when it ends or something which is pretty pessimistic and misses the point completely. It’s a shame, I like them.

He has nice little eyes, my new friend; they’re bright and encouraging. I might sleep in this room from now on so he can keep me company every night. I found a moth on the road today and Miss Davison gave me a little box to put it in to keep it safe.
May 13th, 2012 at 03:16pm