Damn people from High School

Ask my friends that have been by my side for years they'll tell you I haven't changed a bit. I still wear the same clothes since I was a Freshman let alone even 7th or 8th grade; basically listen to the same music, just more has added to the list, I still have the same attitude it's just not that snotty punk attitude of "Fuck everyone", and I'm still playing and writing music, which I have done since I was 12. Then today I run into some old friends from high school today and they tell me I've changed.

I honestly don't think I have. Just because I don't wear something that consists of holes, saftey pins, rips, paint, tears, pins, patches, and I don't draw anarchy signs on my shoes or pants anymore doesn't mean I've changed. Just because I got a semi decent job now doesn't mean I've changed. Just because I'm trying to now make a living for myself doesn't mean I've changed.

I cleaned up my appearance a bit you know? I mean I'm 18 now dammit I'm not that stupid 15/16 year old misfit "punk rocker". Just because I dropped out of high school doesn't mean that I don't plan on doing anything with my life you know? Many people think I did it because I was lazy and all I do at home all day is sleep in and smoke pot or something (Which I've never smoked a thing in my life so go figure), but it wasn't because of that. It's mostly because I didn't find my place there and I felt the things I was beign taught didn't flow with what I want to do with my life. I think I've changed in the sense of that I'm trying to sculpt my life to the person I want to be and I'm changing my values a bit, and am choosing more wisely the people I want to associate with.

I think it's more of the fact that reality is hitting me telling me that now my life is really starting you know? Also, I just want to prove to people that I can make it without a measly high school diploma. I dunno I think it's more of the fact that I've grown up a bit. Anyway I'll shut up now it just ticked me off a bit.
March 22nd, 2007 at 11:30pm