Shot by his own son

No, this journal isn't about someone who gets shot by their own son...that's just horrible.

For all you Tool fans out there, you'll know it's a line of lyrics from their song Vicarious off the album 10,000 days.

So what has that got to do with this journal?

Well...

...I went to see Tool play live last night [21st August] at Brixton Academy in London.

It wasn't really a gig, more of an experience. It was unlike any other gig I have ever been to before.

Tool were just amazing! Their visual effects were mind-blowing.

They had lazers, the usual flashy lights, the 10,000 days album cover as their backdrop, animated screens and smoke.

I swear I was the youngest person there. By miles.

Most people there were men over the age of 30, and the few women that were there were in their 20s or 30s.

I'm 16.

It was an amazing gig, apart from the fact that I was surrounded by these smelly 6 million foot tall blokes smoking weed.

Guess what happened?

I passed out.

3 songs from the end [and it was a bloody long song, Tool are known for the average length of their songs to be 9 minutes.] I fainted onto my dad's shoulder.

Apparently, this hippy dude helped him carry me to the edge of the venue and I woke up next to a wall.

I don't think the heat or the smell helped. And the fact that I hadn't eaten for 9 hours and drank 3 cans of cider and a pint of beer in 2 hours...

...needless to say I was slightly drunk.

Fantastic night, and I wish I had gone to the second date they played at Brixton...

Exact set-list:("borrowed" from the internet)
Jambi
Stinkfist (extended)
FortySix and 2
Schism (extended)
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Lateralus (extended)
Vicarious
Aenema


Bare in mind, I passed out towards the end of Lateralus, so I was well recovered by the time my 2 faveourite songs came on (Vicarious and Aenema)
August 23rd, 2007 at 01:09am