THE KIDS FROM YESTERDAY.

So, my seniors have left. Friday was their very, last day of high school and it was bitter-sweet. They were happy to grow up and move on, but sad to leave their younger friends and childhood behind. For them it's finally time to grow up. No Peter Pan or Never-ever-land, just life.

Their were tears in my eyes on Friday when I hugged some of them ,I'm sure, for the last time. Others coddled me with promises of visits and hanging-out, fighting back their own tears. It has always been hard for me to make friends my own age. (Apparently, I'm mature or something.)And with that said, they have to leave me and move on.

Well, my bestest friend, Kateland, and I made a pact on Friday. It was sealed with the pinky-swear-thumb-kiss so you can't break it. We gonna move to New Jersey together. She's got four years of college and I have at least three years of high school. But we got a plan.

I graduate when she has a year of college left. So, for that year I'll pursue my license/ apprenticeship for tattooing, which is something I love and have always been told I'd be good at. (and it makes decent money, if you're any good) Then, she graduates from college, and we pack our stuff up and blow our awkward-heart shaped state (Ohio).

When in New Jersey, we'll find a us a cute, little, two bedroom apartment and live together. I'll go to college in New York for Cartooning and Cinematography,bringing money in on tattoos and crap jobs. Katie, a new college grad, can get a legit and higher paying job. And we'll live together. And most importantly, be there for each other and be happy.

Both of us have some tough times and been in rough spots and we love the same things. Our favourite band is My Chemical Romance. We love horror films and zombies. We are quiet and creative but loud and crazy. We're OCD and messy and just awesome. We are these huge geeky, nerdy people who are gonna be each other's family. When one of us feels like crap or is sick the other will take care of them and get them better.

THESE ARE OUR PLANS AND DREAMS FOR TOMORROW. THE PLANS AND DREAMS FROM TODAY. THEY ARE THE PLANS AND DREAMS THAT WILL COME TRUE, WHEN WE ARE THE KIDS FROM YESTERDAY.
May 27th, 2012 at 05:07am