I was born to protect you. You were born to protect me.

These are my answers to the ones posed in my last blog.

1. Rise Against <3

2. It's hard to say. I like so many different types of music (many people contributing different tastes), but overall I'd have to say a mix of my childhood (3rd-11th grade) friend Meagan and my husband (whom I've known since I was twelve). ;)

3. Yes. I cannot take silence, so music is most definitely always playing. And I have a bad habit of quoting lyrics (hence the title of this blog...).

4. Gosh, I cannot count. Well over a dozen - maybe even twenty or so. I used to go to a lot of concerts in high school but they've become few and farther and farther between. Here are the highlights (notice the gap in years - I didn't attend many concerts between 2007-09):
Never Sleep Again (Hawthorne Heights, Bayside, Aiden) - 2005
Black Clouds and Underdogs (Fall Out Boy, All-American Rejects, Hawthorne Heights, From First to Last) - 2006
Taste of Chaos (As I Lay Dying, Atreyu, Funeral for a Friend, Greeley Estates, Silverstein, Taking Back Sunday, Senses Fail, amoung others) - 2006
(Atreyu, Chiodos, Every Time I Die, and From First To Last) - 2007
The Rise &amp;amp;amp; Fall of My Pants (All Time Low, Yellowcard, We Are the in Crowd, The Summer Set) - 2011

5. Not sure. The one I wear the most (still) is my Taste of Chaos zip-up - it is sooo comfy!

6. EEk. So hard. Rise Against or Bayside are my long-lasting favs, so I'll go with them.

7. In Memory of... by Silverstein

8. OLD Hawthorne Heights

9. I'm a Fake by The Used

10. No. But I've received plenty of bruises from standing by one or two pits.

11. Depends. I LOVE CDs in the car. But I love the simplicity (and my own laziness shows here) of not having to switch CDs on iTunes - I can play whatever I want, when I want.

12. Of all time? Rise Against's Siren Song of the Counter Culture

13. I don't really pay attention to bands/band members aside from the music aside from All Time Low. And I don't know why that is either. I just do. So, I'd have to say them - they're kind of (read: a lot) funny so it fits.

14. Oh, I cannot answer that. Ever. Lyrics are my favorite and every band writes them differently (just as every listener hears/interprets them differently). Their meanings are ever changing and so diverse that I can't choose one lyricists work - my favorite lyric changes daily (if not hourly... every time I listen to another good song) and I don't suspect that'll change.

15. It's helped me to let out my emotions. I tend to keep my feelings to myself - I let them build and build until I cannot hold onto them any longer. (Favorite quote: "I wish you'd listen closer to the songs I play, because the lyrics speak the words I fail to say.")
May 29th, 2012 at 11:40pm