Let go

Letting go seems to be the hardest thing for a person to do. Letting go means soo many things. It means watching your present become your past. It means change.
It means hurt, pain and tears. It means exiting denial and realizing you meant nothing to that person. At least not enough of something to be important enough for them to care. It means realizing that no matter how hard your try, no matter how much you give up, no matter what, you will never ever be good enough. But it also means growth. It means you as a person have grown enough to let go. To realize all these things and know you deserve better. To know that there is someone somewhere that is dying to have a person like yourself in their life. Dying to have someone care so much and cherish them and everything they are. Dying to have someone hold their friendship so high. It means gaining independence. Learning that, yeah there are some people like that in the world, but you don't need to depend on those people who treat your friendship like its an everyday thing. Learning that you CAN say goodbye and still have your dignity. Learning that yes, saying goodbye is hard and looking at the past and remembering the memories is like a bullet to your heart with each remembered laugh and smile and joke. Teaching us that our memories are irreplaceable and the most cherishable thing we own aside from knowledge. Teaching us that Goodbye is hard but will also teach us that we are in fact strong enough to say goodbye and treat ourselves to something far better. Teaching us to put our happiness before others every once in a while. Letting go means so much, and while it feels like your heart is about to fall out your butt because it hurts so bad, feeling like the pain will never end and the light at the end of the tunnel seems to get further away, things do get better and we as a person grow. We grow to be stronger, wiser, more careful, more careless, and more willing to show everyone who means anything to us that, yes you mean a lot to me although I dont say it a lot, because You finally know what it feels like to have to let go and you care enough for the people in your life to not want them to ever face that pain at the expense of your friendship. We grow in every aspect possible, so while letting go seems terrible, it teaches you more than you'll ever know.
June 6th, 2012 at 05:49am