This Is The Best Day Ever

So I just randomly decided that I should make a blog entry about the best days of my life so far.

Tied for number one is February 25th, 2012 and April 1st, 2012.

February 25th, 2012: My dad, my sister Kinsey, and I drove 4 hours and 6 minutes to the best place in the whole fucking world, Provo, Utah. It was for a small punk concert I heard about with six amazing bands, which at the time I had only heard of 2 of them. When we entered the best small venue ever, Muse Music Cafe, I was shaking so hard because I knew one of the best moments ever was about to come. I was only minutes away from meeting my favourite drummer and my hero, Branden Steineckert. I went and stood at a booth close by the doors that lead into where the music would be played. I kept looking up and glancing over at the doors while we chatted about random stuff, but all I could really think about was how much I wanted to see him for reals and actually feel and see his body nearing me. It was only about 10 minutes after we entered Muse Music Cafe before he walked out of those solid doors. I hit Kinsey and, in the calmest voice that I could get out, said, "There's my hero." Kinsey turned around fast to look. My dad told me to call him over but I was terrified of what stupid embarrassing thing I might say,or that my voice would come out sounding raspy and all I'd do is just make a fool of myself. I was staring at him and watching as he talked to other people then suddenly,out of nowhere, I hear Kinsey call 'Hi Branden!' super loud. He looked startled but walked over to us. When he came up he shook my dads hand then reached out to shake mine, I just opened my arms up pointing out that I'm more of a hugging type. His hugs, they are the best I've ever felt. It was warm and just felt...perfect. I bet he could see my bones rattling inside my skin as we talked after. I was smiling like a big dummy, but it was okay because I had just met the most perfect person ever. After we talked for a few minutes it was showtime. The bands in the order that they played was Salt City Sound, cuddleslut, Storming Stages and Stereos, Problem Daughter, Big Trub, and then Apocalypse Radio. All truly amazing talented band. I rocked out to each and every song played. It was perfect. There was a mosh pit in the center of the room and everyone seemed to be having the best time ever. After the show I asked Branden and Brian to sign my Apocalypse Radio CD and gave hugs again. The whole time I couldn't help but wondering if it was awkward for Brian being treated like a famous rockstar, but it doesn't matter because to me he is one even if he's just a normal guy that has a normal job and doesn't play music for a living.

April 1st, 2012: Same people as February 25th. We drove even longer this time, 5 hours, to Salt Lake City, Utah. When we got there we went to FYE and stood in a huge ass line for 2 hours, but it was for a great reason. The songs off of The Used new album Vulnerable we're playing on repeat and I was mouthing every word to each song and singing them in my head. Then all of a sudden there was a roar of the crowd. The Used entered the main part of FYE and everyone's faces lit up with joy! We had all been standing there for at least 45 minutes. As the line slowly moved up I stood there with a Vulnerable poster in my hand then I realised that my bass was in the trunk of my dads car! I harshly grabbed my dads keys away from him and ran outside to the Volvo then lifted the trunk, pulled my bass out of its hard case and jogged back to my place in line, which had only just barely moved forward. When we got to the table I was crying on the inside thinking 'Man, I'm meeting the people that helped me save my life.' It was such an amazing feeling. Sadly though I couldn't stand and talk to them very long, they we're on a busy schedule. Dan Whitesides was sitting in the first of the four chairs. He look very tired and totally out of it so I just asked him to sign my bass. As he did just that Jepha looked at me and smiled and said, "Dude, you have an awesome bass." It made my life! I smiled hugely and said thank you and we chatted for a few while next to me my dad kidded to Bert about stealing his CD from Walmart even though I bought it for him as a late birthday present. In the last two chairs was Quinn and Bert's jacket because Bert was sitting cross legged on the table. Quinn, Bert, and I conversed about how I live 5 hours away and drove up just to meet them. As I turned around grinning and laughing with a nervous 'this is the best day ever' type of shake I faintly heard Bert telling the guys that I had an awesome Apocalypse Radio sticker on my bass. Their hugs are also so sweet, warm and fuzzy. It was such a great day even with a 5 hour drive home coming up right after. The whole way home that was all I could think about. I had such great sleep that night.

Number two is September 4th, 2011.

On this day us three also took a 4 and a half hour drive but it was the other way. We went to Denver, Colorado because my sister and I won close up seat to the Honda Civic Tour! When we got there we had to go through security checks and wait in a line, the biggest. Rancid played first and I rocked so hard to them. I fucking love them so much. They are terrific! The vibes from their music are amazing. One of the only true puck bands that our still here today! Next up was My Chemical Romance. I sang every lyric to every song played. It was so moving and such an amasing time. Every song was filled with so much heart even though they had just found out that Pedicone was stealing from them. It was Gerard and Lyn-z's anniversary, they actually got married backstage at the exact same place MCR was playing that night. blink 182 played last and they came more to my liking then I thought they would. I had only ever heard one song of theirs. Tom and Mark were so hilarious, I busted out laughing so many times. The whole way home I was dazed on how great of a day it had been. Truly amazing. I'm sorry that I don't have more to write about this day but I didn't get to meet anyone in the bands or anything...

Number three is March 13, 2011 through March 18th, 2011.

These days were amazing and so much fun. My mom, Gary, Kinsey, Chloe, and I woke up at four o' clock in the fucking morning and made our way to the Grand Junction airport to hop on a jet plane that would take us to Salt Lake City, then from there get on another plane the Orange County, California. After we arrived in Cali we got off the plane and a car picked us up to drive us to Disneyland! The next 5 days we rode on a lot of rides and ate at such amazing place! My favourite ride had to be The Hollywood Tower of Terror, such gut wrenching fun. The World of Colour was so amazing and beautiful! All of us had so much fun and now we decided that once a year we will go on an amazing trip like this. So in the year 2012, from September 16th to 23rd you can find me at Disneyland again. In 2013, not sure of the date, I think we are going to Orlando Resorts to visit Harry Potter Land and other cool places. I hope that next time an awesome band will also be playing so I can go see them.

All these days were so amazing. Sorry if you wanted me to write more on the last two but I'm pretty worn out. If you want to know anything else just ask. Also, if you want to know so other amazing 'have to go on' rides I'll tell you some if you ask. Thanks for your time, I just really felt like talking about this.

I'm sure that a part of your brain might wonder why concerts are before Disneyland and that's because music is my world and I'd give up so much to always be at a concert.
June 6th, 2012 at 12:51pm