Music Blog II

Image

I haven't done one of these in a very long time and I thought I should. Love you guys.

xo j.

_____

Primadonna by Marina and the Diamonds

Primadonna girl. All I ever wanted was the world

This really is my song of the summer. It is my fave because Marina gives no shits and sings her little butt off. It's so good and you can dance for hours to it.

Wuthering Heights by Kate Bush

Heathcliff, it's me your Kathy. I've come home. I'm so cold! Let me into your window.

OK. This one is weird because almost nobody likes it the first time they hear it. And the video is probably the best and worst thing I have ever seen in my life. My sister showed me it and I thought it was absolutely awful and then I listened to it again and decided it was the best thing ever. You should try it. I swear to God this song will get under your skin if you let it. Kate Bush is a goddess.

Hanging on the Telephone by The Nerves

I know he's there, but I just got to call. Don't leave me hanging on the telephone.

This song you've probably heard sung by Blondie. But this version is much better. My best friend showed me it and I have been in love ever since. Whenever I hear it, it reminds me of all the crazy fun nights I had during my first year of college.

Badlands by Bruce Springsteen

I wanna find one face that ain't looking through me. I wanna find one place. I wanna spit on the face of these badlands!

I've always been a bit of a nut for the Boss. But I've been incredibly obsessed with him the past couple months. I can't even explain it, but whenever I'm feeling poopy, I listen to this song to get pumped.

Talihina Sky by Kings of Leon [acoustic version]

Everybody says your face is beautiful. You'd be crazy just to say goodbye.

I don't care what anybody says, I will always love KOL. Maybe because they're really what I listened to in high school, especially when I hated it. My best friends and I will always remember the years we obsessed over them.

The Nature of the Experiment by Tokyo Police Club

It's not the moonlight that sets me off. It's not the money that makes me scoff. It's my impeccable disorder where I keep on falling for her.

Tokyo Police Club will probably always be one of my favorite bands because I have just loved them for so long. This song is perfect. Promise you'll like it.

C'mere by Interpol

The trouble is you're in love with someone else. It should be me.

Interpol will never ever sound bad to me. This song is my favorite of theirs probably because it's so whimsical and heartbroken and the video is lovely too.
July 12th, 2012 at 08:01pm