I don't "need" God in my life.

Haha. The family is trying to drag me into going to church. They don't go very often. I can't remember the last time they did. But, I guess, because I wasn't brought up in a consistent environment and wasn't told what to believe in, they think now is the time to start that, and that I "need a God in my life." No, I'm sure God is a wonderful god, but I don't care to go to church. I'm not open minded when it comes to religious views. I wouldn't be listening, and I'd rather be sitting at home doing nothing, than sitting in a church, blatantly ignoring whoever.

I believe there is a god, or even many gods. I don't know exactly what, though. But I don't care to know too much about that god/those gods, so I don't go to church, I don't ask people to inform me on their religion, because I don't care. Someone else's religious point of views are none of my business or concern. It's a personal thing, I think.

I don't know what's gotten them in such a hype this morning. Whatever it is, it's pissing me off. After saying no the first time, you should understand that I mean NO. I don't say one thing, and mean another.

They're leaving in a few minutes. It's been the longest "few minutes" of my life. Nothing gets me more than someone who tries to make you believe that, just because you weren't brought up being told to believe in this/that/the other religion, means you weren't brought up correctly and it needs to be changed in your later years. There's nothing wrong with being brought up religiously -- I don't agree with it, but it's not "wrong." Same goes for being NOT being brought up religiously. I guess what bothers me the most, is that it wasn't my fault I wasn't brought up that way. I couldn't control my situation.

Them saying I "need" God in my life is offensive, in itself. I like to think I don't need anyone but those I love, and who love me back. God is not one of them, hence I don't need him.

On an unrelated note, I've been listening to Scissorhands (The Last Snow) by Motionless in White nonstop, lately.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch=ccCxaEG0Yq4[/youtube]

^ Not sure if that'll work.
July 22nd, 2012 at 03:32pm