Taken for Granted

Life is a fragile thing....
In the blink of an eye it can be gone.
In the gasp of a breath it be completely turned around.
Its something we all take for granted. All of us do.
We get mad because our mom wont let us go to a party or because our dad takes away our car. We express our anger towards our siblings saying things that could rip a heart apart and sometimes it could be the very last thing we ever say to them. We ignore the people that love us, treating them like shit, telling them how much better our lives would be without them. We give all of our being to the people who ignore us. The people who walk in when its easy but the sight of trouble sends them racing for the doors.
We take too much for granted, never realizing how quickly it can all be taken away. We've all heard that tomorrow is never a given, and sometimes it takes losing someone soo close or watching someone close to us lose a special person before we begin to wrap our minds around it.
This was all brought up by my friend, Katie, who lost her father this morning (7.22.12) Please keep her in your hearts and some of you, in your prayers if it applies. Her family desperately needs it, just as any other family who has lost someone.
July 22nd, 2012 at 09:03pm