Dream Journal #5

I had to struggle to remember this one; when I woke up I couldn't but I knew I'd just been dreaming something so I focused and this is what I got:

I was at my house with some guy. I don't know who he was but in my dream we were friends presumably. There was also this woman there with a little girl and a little boy. I get the impression that all these people were staying at my house. The woman was absolutely horrible to her children. She'd just scream at them constantly and it was very clear she didn't really care about their well-being except in terms of getting in trouble for being such an awful mom.

The part I remember is the woman bringing her daughter back to the house and then taking her son to the zoo. She'd taken them out separately because she didn't want to deal with both of them at the same time. That she was taking them to the zoo was the most decent thing she did for these kids; the entire time she was home she was screaming at them and we could hear her and the little boy screaming even after they left the house and were walking towards the bus stop. Belatedly the guy and I realize we have to babysit the little girl because no one else is around, and that the woman must've known that if she actually asked us to do it we might've said no, so she just left the girl with us assuming we'd feel responsible for her which we did.

The last thing I remember is that apparently there were a bunch of different kinds of bread in the house, and the guy said to me, "Hey, remember how we said we were going to try all the kinds of bread?" and rolled his eyes, I think because we couldn't spend time sampling breads because of this woman and her awful kids for some reason. You know how it is. With...bread. Yeah the bread thing didn't really make sense. I think I remember looking longingly at the sourdough, though.

Then I woke up. Now I must go water the lawn and eat breakfast and watch Degrassi because yes, I am a twenty-one year-old college graduate who will be starting grad school in the fall who deeply loves Degrassi to the bottom of her awkward little heart (it's 100% intense okay~). I'm also a lazy bum. I know I'm supposed to feel guilty about being such a layabout this summer, but seriously it's so great. Okay bye.
July 23rd, 2012 at 03:27pm