Mayhem Fest. I got to meet Slipknot.

So, I went to Mayhem Fest a few days ago and it was amazing. I went to Uproar Fest last year and in my opinion, Mayhem was better. (And Avenged Sevenfold, one of my all time favorites, were at Uproar last year.) It was just like, the overall experience was better. The people were cooler. The weather was nicer. It was awesome.

On the mainstage there was Asking Alexandria, who I don't know anything about. Motorhead, who was very good live. Slayer. It was my second time seeing them and they were even better the second time. They did an awesome job! And then Slipknot. Slipknot is amazing in every possible way in my mind. They are so fucking good live. They have a way with connecting with the audience and they are amazing entertainers.

I also got to meet Slipknot. Like, it wasn't anything too special, you bought their cd, stood in a line, and got a signed poster. But, they had to hurry up 'cause there were so many people waiting in line so they just kinda signed the posters and passed them down. They weren't talking to people, just 'cause they didn't have time to. But, I was like holy shit, Corey Taylor and just kinda stared at him then he looked up at me and goes "Hi." It sounds so lame but it made my day. Haha. I'm such a loser.

Jimmy.
August 2nd, 2012 at 05:32am